Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doyel praises Wildcat Nation

Featured Replies

It is definately a great thing that the BBN raised this kind of money and great that Cal started this, but I do have one question???

 

Did he do it from the heart or for publicity? Please don't misunderstand my question. Cal has talked about all the priceless memories that wildcat fans donated.

 

He received like a 40 MILLION dollar contract.

"HOW MUCH OF HIS OWN MONEY DID HE DONATE?????"

 

IIRC, he was part of a small group that got together to match whatever the telathon raised.

 

I love how a guy can spearhead the effort to raise over $1 million, and people still give him crap. Keep it up.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC, he was part of a small group that got together to match whatever the telathon raised.

 

I love how a guy can spearhead the effort to raise over $1 million, and people still give him crap. Keep it up.

 

:thumb:

 

He was part of a group, that matched whatever was donated, meaning he gave quite a bit of his own money.

IIRC, he was part of a small group that got together to match whatever the telathon raised.

 

I love how a guy can spearhead the effort to raise over $1 million, and people still give him crap. Keep it up.

 

That is what I was wanting to know. Not giving crap just asking if he was the one who matched. Chill, I am not downing the great one!!!:ohbrother:

He received like a 40 MILLION dollar contract.

"HOW MUCH OF HIS OWN MONEY DID HE DONATE?????"

 

That is what I was wanting to know. Not giving crap just asking if he was the one who matched. Chill, I am not downing the great one!!!:ohbrother:

 

If you weren't trying to give him crap, then lay off the ALL CAPS AND EXCESSIVE PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!

 

Just saying..... it might help convey your tone more effectively.

Too bad sending money to Haiti doesn't make you a winner on the basketball court.

 

Don't you "claim" to be a UK fan? C'mon man. :idunno:

If you weren't trying to give him crap, then lay off the ALL CAPS AND EXCESSIVE PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!

 

Just saying..... it might help convey your tone more effectively.

 

You're absolutely right, mobaar.

Don't you "claim" to be a UK fan? C'mon man. :idunno:

 

Its really hard to tell sometimes. He wasn't happy with Tubby, and now he seems like he is not happy with Coach Cal because they have one lost. It seems like the only coach that he hasn't said to much or try to put down was Billy G. I guess out of the last three coaches we have had, he has felt like Billy G. was the best one. :lol:

Its really hard to tell sometimes. He wasn't happy with Tubby, and now he seems like he is not happy with Coach Cal because they have one lost. It seems like the only coach that he hasn't said to much or try to put down was Billy G. I guess out of the last three coaches we have had, he has felt like Billy G. was the best one. :lol:

 

I never once said I disliked Coach Cal, and I could care less about his one lost. I said donating money to Haiti does not make you a winner on the basketball court. Is that not a fact? Does donating money to Haiti help your jump shot? I never once said that UK were not winners on the basketball court. Seriously guys, can we all just lighten up a little bit.

Don't you "claim" to be a UK fan? C'mon man. :idunno:

 

Sure do. I'm trying to find where I've said anything to the contrary.

Sure do. I'm trying to find where I've said anything to the contrary.

 

The article was saying that UK did something great in their money drive for Haiti. For whatever reason you want to come up with for why they did it, it doesn't change the fact that the Cats raised over 1 million dollars for the people of Haiti.

 

Sure it doesn't win any games on the court, but us other UK fans also realize that basketball is not the only part of Cal's or the players lives.

 

You stated winning is what it's all about and it's not. Sure I love to win more than anything, but it's also important to me that the Cats or any other team I follow do other things off the court. It could just be that they stay out of trouble or it could be a money drive for Haiti, it doesn't matter.

 

We're celebrating the fact that the Cats (whether you think there was some sinister motive or not) did something great for humanity. If you don't think that's important, that is your right. But don't rain on our parade.:idunno:

The article was saying that UK did something great in their money drive for Haiti. For whatever reason you want to come up with for why they did it, it doesn't change the fact that the Cats raised over 1 million dollars for the people of Haiti.

 

Sure it doesn't win any games on the court, but us other UK fans also realize that basketball is not the only part of Cal's or the players lives.

 

You stated winning is what it's all about and it's not. Sure I love to win more than anything, but it's also important to me that the Cats or any other team I follow do other things off the court. It could just be that they stay out of trouble or it could be a money drive for Haiti, it doesn't matter.

 

We're celebrating the fact that the Cats (whether you think there was some sinister motive or not) did something great for humanity. If you don't think that's important, that is your right. But don't rain on our parade.:idunno:

 

 

I wonder how much praise everyone would be giving them if they were 10-11 right now.

I wonder how much praise everyone would be giving them if they were 10-11 right now.

 

I wonder if you would have criticized if they were 22 and 0 right now.

I wonder if you would have criticized if they were 22 and 0 right now.

 

Yep, sure would have. And if they were 22-0, the article wouldn't have said anything about loser on the court.

The article was saying that UK did something great in their money drive for Haiti. ...the Cats raised over 1 million dollars for the people of Haiti.

 

...us other UK fans also realize that basketball is not the only part of Cal's or the players lives.

 

We're celebrating the fact that the Cats did something great for humanity.

 

I, too, am thrilled by the generosity of those who gave generously of their time/talent/treasure.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

 

There really is more to life than basketball. It seems that some on BGP could stand to learn that lesson, as well.

Yep, sure would have. And if they were 22-0, the article wouldn't have said anything about loser on the court.

 

You can't be serious. If UK is a loser on the court, then every other team in the country is just pathetic I guess. :isurrender:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.