Kentucky Players in Mock Draft

The Observer

Cousins behind Favors?

I cant see it.

Favors is a lock to go in the top 5. Cousins may be a top 5 selection, but Favors' upside is tremendous.

He's not as dominant in the college ranks, but he's much more athletic. Cousins is just that much stronger than those in the college game. He won't be able to out muscle the NBA big men.

Favors is a lock to go in the top 5. Cousins may be a top 5 selection, but Favors' upside is tremendous.

He's not as dominant in the college ranks, but he's much more athletic. Cousins is just that much stronger than those in the college game. He won't be able to out muscle the NBA big men.

Still cant see it..:idunno:

Still cant see it..:idunno:

Me either, and I hope its just not my Kentucky blinders. When Favors and Cousins met head to head last year in one of the ESPN high school show case games I ended up being blown away by Cousins. IMO he almost dominated Favors, and far and away had the better game, and better looking game. I just remember watching, being stuck in my Kentucky/Gillespie depression thinking man I wish Kentucky would have just a shot at landing this guy. I was so impressed by Cousins just by watching that game, so it was almost a dream come true when UK's (as well as my own being a avid fan) fortunes changed and Cal brought Boogie with him.

Now don't get me wrong, Favors can ball as well. He has shown so much potential, and has had some great games this season, however, Lawal right now makes him. I know a lot can argue the same for P Pat, but Cousins makes his own game much more than Favors makes his game with Gani Lawal. People may say Favors has the better all around game, potential, etc, but lets not forget Cousins isn't really showing off his entire skill set. Coming in, Boogie was more of a face up four man who would shoot jumpers non stop, and drive for the occasional rim rocker. BUT, Cal has moved him to the five in this offense, and molded him into a true post guy with tremendous back to the basket skills. This will only help him in the NBA being he still has the ability and potential to step out and work the mid range, but now can bang around and create from post moves as well. I see both as being Lamar Odom types in the league, only now the more Antigua, Robic, and Cal work with Boogie, the better he looks as a back to the basket player as well. So much so that I can see DeMarcus, and perhaps Favors both ending up beingf better players than Odom.

I'd take Cousins over Favors at this point. I think Favors, while playing very well in his one year at Tech, has hit more of a ceiling on his potential in terms of NBA success early in his career at the next level. From what I have seen, Cousins has show a much larger upside in regards to playing the 4 at the next level...

I don't know. Favors is doing quite well in a very tough conference. Cousins has been a monster, but the SOS is lacking.

I don't think NBA scouts look at SOS as much as they do potential. If you are playing in BCS confrence it is all the same to the NBA. Cousins has way more upside than Favors, but both will have very long careers, and be lottery picks in the league.

I'd take Cousins over Favors at this point. I think Favors, while playing very well in his one year at Tech, has hit more of a ceiling on his potential in terms of NBA success early in his career at the next level. From what I have seen, Cousins has show a much larger upside in regards to playing the 4 at the next level...

:thumb:

Cousin's just does more than Favors right now, and continues to get better with every game. Both have great size and length, but I'd take Cousins' body and strength over Favors at this point as well. Like I mentioned in my post, Favors gets a lot of love because he is more free to shoot more mid range thus making him look like he has better potential in that aspect. BUT, he has Lawal down low with him to help take away that back to the basket role. With Cousin's its the opposite, so although we don't really get to see a lot of his mid range game, it doesn't mean its not there. For a player Cousins' size, his ball handling, passing, and ability to create off the bounce is second to none in college right now (for his size). Favors has this ability too, but I think Cousins' has him in a lot of categories, and the biggest being in the room to grow category. Still a lot of improvement left in Boogie's game and that's scary.

I think we will see Bledsoe start to appear on these pretty soon.

That's the one I hope not to see. I know the big 3 are going to be gone. But having Bledsoe back next year with the recruits he could possible get to come....They can be contenders next season too.