January 26, 201016 yr The sudden death overtime? This is starting to get a little out of hand that the team that wins the toss is the "better" team. This game could have been a thousand times better than it already was if they went by the college rules. Not saying the better team didnt win, but the Vkes didnt even have a chance to prove themselves which has been the case twice so far (Pack/Cards). Sure they did. Their defense proved that they weren't good enough to clutch up and get off of the field. Considering that the Saints only scored 4 times in (guessing) 10 or 11 possessions before that, they had a better than average shot at getting the ball back and blew it.
January 26, 201016 yr What about letting them play a complete 15 minute quarter. That sounds interesting to me. Why do they even keep the clock? Seems like they could get by just using the play clock.
January 26, 201016 yr Someone from the NYT suggested that each coach submit a yard line that they would be willing to start on to start OT. The coach who picks a yard line that is farther away from the EZ than the other team gets the ball. First team to score wins. Odd but also intriguing.
January 26, 201016 yr Sure they did. Their defense proved that they weren't good enough to clutch up and get off of the field. Considering that the Saints only scored 4 times in (guessing) 10 or 11 possessions before that, they had a better than average shot at getting the ball back and blew it. My point exactly on why there's no problem with the NFL overtime. Heck, I'll kick off to you, pin you deep in your territory and force a three and out. Then I'll have good field position and I'll be aggressive. I'm not kicking a FG, we're going to put that sucker in the end zone. How about that kind of mentality? Maybe it's not smart but that's how I'd look at it if I had to kick off in OT.
January 26, 201016 yr My point exactly on why there's no problem with the NFL overtime. Heck, I'll kick off to you, pin you deep in your territory and force a three and out. Then I'll have good field position and I'll be aggressive. I'm not kicking a FG, we're going to put that sucker in the end zone. How about that kind of mentality? Maybe it's not smart but that's how I'd look at it if I had to kick off in OT. :thumb: If your defense and special teams can get it done, you can actually end up with better field position.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.