Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christian County 69 Shelby Valley 66

Featured Replies

This broke a really long home winning streak for Shelby Valley, I believe. Something like 50+ games.

  • Author
This broke a really long home winning streak for Shelby Valley, I believe. Something like 50+ games.

 

You are right.

That was really impressive for CC to win at Shelby Valley. But fi you look at Shelby Valley's schedule of KY teams other the Clay and Knott Cent. they really have not played that strong fof a schedule IMO.

Just in from the game. First off my hat goes off to Christian they walked into a very hostile enviroment and played well from the opening tip. Back and forth game I think the largest lead for either team was 7 points. CC is extremely fast from end to end. They won the game behind the arc. I will try to get some stats later but I could not believe how well they shot the 3 ball. #3(Lewis) for CC played a great offensive game inside and out. SV shot very poorly from the free throw line and it haunted them late in the game. Justice played very good. I will post the final stats when I see them and I dont wont to guess. He had only one turnover. He missed a game tying free throw with less than 2 seconds on the clock. I want to point out that CC is very well coached. He made good adjustments and a seemed to really know the X's and O's during the game. Great game to watch now it is time to get some rest and heal up to make a run at the ALL A.

Wow no way. Christian County. How good are they?

Wow no way. Christian County. How good are they?

 

Christian Co is a legit top 10 team in the state. They lost just one player from last year's 2nd region championship team that lost to Holmes by 11 in the first round of the sweet 16.

 

As far as stats:

 

Christian Co. 69 Shelby Valley 66

 

Christian Co. 11 19 19 20 69

Shelby Valley 12 19 13 22 66

 

Christian Co. (17-3) -- Lewis 23, Hickey 16, Wilson 10, Tandy 8, Kates 7, Gayle 3, Bowman 2.

 

Shelby Valley (13-3) -- Justice 18, Hatfield 15, Taylor Newsome 14, Tyler Newsome 8, Varney 6, Ramey 5.

With a favorable draw (by that I mean not playing regions 11, 9, 6, or 7 in consecutive games) Christian Co. could find themselves playing the last Saturday of the season.

The Second Region never gets a favorable draw so that point is moot :lol:

Just in from the game. First off my hat goes off to Christian they walked into a very hostile enviroment and played well from the opening tip. Back and forth game I think the largest lead for either team was 7 points. CC is extremely fast from end to end. They won the game behind the arc. I will try to get some stats later but I could not believe how well they shot the 3 ball. #3(Lewis) for CC played a great offensive game inside and out. SV shot very poorly from the free throw line and it haunted them late in the game. Justice played very good. I will post the final stats when I see them and I dont wont to guess. He had only one turnover. He missed a game tying free throw with less than 2 seconds on the clock. I want to point out that CC is very well coached. He made good adjustments and a seemed to really know the X's and O's during the game. Great game to watch now it is time to get some rest and heal up to make a run at the ALL A.

 

Agreed. When they played Mason County in the AIT without their best player, they fell WAY behind early. Coach didn't get rattled and the Royals barely hung on.

SV's two weak spots really showed up as it usually does in big games.

 

1. Depth 1 player off the bench scored 5 points for SV.

2. Free throws.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.