Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Louisville make the NCAA Tournament?

Will Louisville make the NCAA Tournament? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Louisville make the NCAA Tournament?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't see it unless they get some BIG wins on their opponents' floors. Are they one of the top 64 teams in the nation? I believe so. The media darlings are mid-majors more and more every year. It seems sometimes playing good basketball in a really good league is not enough. I voted no for that reason but I hope the Cards prove me wrong.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brackets I have seen have them out, Saturday's loss at Pitt. was big.

The media darlings are mid-majors more and more every year.

 

The media has nothing to do with selections. When there were a lot of Mid Majors getting in over bubble major teams the makeup of the committee was a majority in the smaller conferences favor. It's split 5-5 this year so that is not as likely to happen...

They have a couple bad loses, and that may come back and haunt them come selection Sunday. They'll have to make a pretty big run in Big East play to make it IMO. Like I said in many Kentucky threads, what a difference a year makes. :D

Yes, I think they will.

The media has nothing to do with selections. When there were a lot of Mid Majors getting in over bubble major teams the makeup of the committee was a majority in the smaller conferences favor. It's split 5-5 this year so that is not as likely to happen...

 

The Media has no say in the selected teams. I am aware of that one. The committee will not be influenced by possible analysts sleeper/Cinderella picks on the bubble, okay.

 

"So you're saying there's a chance?" :popcorn:

Louisville will make it. They will right the ship soon.

As of today, no, probably not.

 

Ultimately I think they will. They'll have plenty of opportunities for good wins within their conference.

Pitino talked about this situation today. Pretty much said 10 wins in the Big East will get them in the big dance. His reasoning was that they would have a top 10 SOS, and an above .500 record in the Big East.

 

I agree with him, that's what I've been thinking too. Now, getting those 10 will be the tricky part... I don't see many gimmies on that schedule (aside from Depaul).

Pitino talked about this situation today. Pretty much said 10 wins in the Big East will get them in the big dance. His reasoning was that they would have a top 10 SOS, and an above .500 record in the Big East.

 

I agree with him, that's what I've been thinking too. Now, getting those 10 will be the tricky part... I don't see many gimmies on that schedule (aside from Depaul).

UC is likely to be a gimmie Sunday. I'll know more on that after the game tonight...

New info?

Conflicting reports right now on a possible injury in practice...

UC is likely to be a gimmie Sunday. I'll know more on that after the game tonight...

 

Make sure you do that...

 

I've been really nervous about that. UC/Mick always play the Cards tough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.