Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Pitching

Featured Replies

Sure. I would think he's in the mix of several guys looking to fit into the top 5 or 6 pitching spots. He had some type of knee injury last season that required surgery and I don't think he pitched much (any?) for JV last season. Tough to ask him to compare to big brother since he was one of the better pitchers to come through NKY in a while, but it would certainly be a huge plus if he was.

 

Young Isler did pitch JV in relief. Solid velocity. Big kid. Doesn't seem to get in a hurry or get rattled. I could see him as a fireballing one-inning closer.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Anybody know why he goes to Ryle and Zach went to Cov Cath?

Anybody know why he goes to Ryle and Zach went to Cov Cath?

 

Zach played summer ball with a lot of the CCH kids.

The family lives in Union so I assume the younger Isler decided to go to school with his buddies.

...Zach's father also played baseball and football at CCH back in the day.

When they moved back from SC, he apparently gave his children the option of

what schools to attend.

  • Author
...Zach's father also played baseball and football at CCH back in the day.

When they moved back from SC, he apparently gave his children the option of

what schools to attend.

 

Oh okay. Thanks!:thumb:

LLoyd will have Dylan McGuire, Aaron Warren, Brady Asher, Addison Brown, Sam Banta and I think Jeremy Pittman is still battling arm injury.

Who will Highlands have on the mound this year?

St. Henry as Jacob zerheusen (sp?) who can throw pretty hard but sometimes has trouble with his control. Nick Knoeble should also be a very good pitcher this year, after that im not sure who else will step up and give them some innings however those two should be pretty solid as long as their defense makes the plays which could be a problem.

I really look for Holy Cross to have one of the better pitching staffs in the region. With Roenker, Fuller, Ritter, Johnson, Egan, Boering, and Jehn I think they will be talented and deep.

I really look for Holy Cross to have one of the better pitching staffs in the region. With Roenker, Fuller, Ritter, Johnson, Egan, Boering, and Jehn I think they will be talented and deep.

 

What is Roenker's status? Did he have the surgery? And what is his expected timetable for return?

What is Roenker's status? Did he have the surgery? And what is his expected timetable for return?

 

He did have surgery and from what I know is going to try and walk on UC next year. That means he will pitch this year for HC, but will only throw in "bigger games" such as district seeding and All A tourney.

He did have surgery and from what I know is going to try and walk on UC next year. That means he will pitch this year for HC, but will only throw in "bigger games" such as district seeding and All A tourney.

 

Well I certainly wish him all the best - both this upcoming season and in any attempt to walk on at UC - but I honestly don't think he's a high D1 pitcher.

Well I certainly wish him all the best - both this upcoming season and in any attempt to walk on at UC - but I honestly don't think he's a high D1 pitcher.

I would think he has decent shot. Didn't Isler go over there?

Who will Highlands have on the mound this year?

 

Likely be Watson, Dill, Crowley, and a cast of others.......you may see Liggett pulled from behind the plate or Rizzo from the infield. Unless Roller or some others come out, that is what is available.

I would think he has decent shot. Didn't Isler go over there?

 

He's going to have to have a greatly improved senior season if he's to fall into Isler's category, who was absolutely dominant all season long. Coming off shoulder surgery is going to make that an even tougher challenge.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.