Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Pitching

Featured Replies

As the season is approaching lets get a look at all the schools in the 9th Regions pitching so we have an idea of who to look for and listen for.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated in an earlier thread, the 33rd district may have some of the toughest pitching around. Boone will have Deno, Laumann (sp?), Alford, and Teegarden. Ryle will have Donavan, Hempel, and Daisuke. And Conner will have Russell, Samad, West, and Hubbard.

The heart of Ryle's staff going into the season will be:

 

Donovan

Hensley

Hempel

Rogers/Hill/Daisuke

and some other as-yet-unknown stud who will step up big time. :cool::lol:

Who will be on the mound for Cov Cath this year?

  • Author

Dixie- Brice Smallwood, Brett Stansberry, Tyler Sexton, Tim Barnhorst, Corbin Dematteo, Keegan Burney, Corey Klei, Brad Popham, Corey Garrett

 

Ryle- Chris Hensley, Kyle Donavon, Conner Hempel, Daisuke, Caleb Lonkard, Tyler Hill, Leiff Clarkson.

 

Boone- Jackson Laughman, Tyler Deno, Doug Teegarden, Alford, Chase Stanley, Brodsky(Sp?)

 

Cov Cath- Adam Warning, Chris Gerwe, Schloebaum(sp?), Matt Klein, Adam Shumate, Ben Maile, Tommy Arnzen

 

Connor- Nick West, Jody Hubbard, Brennan Russell, Jake Samad

 

Beechwood- Josh Bertke, Zach Larimore

Dixie- Brice Smallwood, Brett Stansberry, Tyler Sexton, Tim Barnhorst, Corbin Dematteo, Keegan Burney, Corey Klei, Brad Popham, Corey Garrett

 

Ryle- Chris Hensley, Kyle Donavon, Conner Hempel, Daisuke, Caleb Lonkard, Tyler Hill, Leiff Clarkson.

 

Boone- Jackson Laughman, Tyler Deno, Doug Teegarden, Alford, Chase Stanley, Brodsky(Sp?)

 

Cov Cath- Adam Warning, Chris Gerwe, Schloebaum(sp?), Matt Klein, Adam Shumate, Ben Maile, Tommy Arnzen

 

Connor- Nick West, Jody Hubbard, Brennan Russell, Jake Samad

 

Beechwood- Josh Bertke, Zach Larimore

 

Who will be the number ones as of now for these six teams?

  • Author
Who will be the number ones as of now for these six teams?

 

1a. Dixie

1b. Ryle

1c. Connor

:ylsuper:

 

Its honestly going to be a toss up this year between these three teams. But you cant leave Cov Cath or Boone out of the picture. This will be one of the toughest regions for the 9th in a couple years. At least there isn't one clear cut favorite to win. There is 5 excellent teams this year. I wouldnt be suprised with any of these 5 teams winning region.

  • Author
Who will be the number ones as of now for these six teams?

 

Oh sorry I read your post wrong. I thought you said who will be number one. My bad. I'll put the rotations the way I think they will go this year:

 

Dixie-

1. Brice Smallwood

2. Brett Stansberry

3. Tyler Sexton

4. Keegan Burney

5. Tim Barnhorst/ Corbin Dematteo

 

Boone

1. Tyler Deno

2. Doug Teegarden

3. Jackson Laughman

4. Alford (Couldnt think of his first name)

5. Chase Stanley

 

Ryle

1. Chris Hensley

2. Kyle Donavon

3. Connor Hempel

4. Daisuke

5. Tyler Hill/ Caleb Lonkard

 

Connor

1. Nick West

2. Jody Hubbard

3. Brennan Russell

4. Jake Samad

5. Maybe Zach Nelson

 

Cov Cath

1. Adam Warning

2. Chris Gerwe

3. Adam Shumate

4. Matt Klein

5. Ben Maile/ Tom Arnzen

Closer- Brennan Schlaugbaum(sp?)

 

Beechwood

1. Josh Bertke

2. Zach Larimore

Then I dont know. I dont know enough about Beechwood to finish their rotation.

Very solid pitching in the 9th this year. Should be a very fun low scoring 9th :D

Oh sorry I read your post wrong. I thought you said who will be number one. My bad. I'll put the rotations the way I think they will go this year:

 

 

Ryle

1. Chris Hensley

2. Kyle Donavon

3. Connor Hempel

4. Daisuke

5. Tyler Hill/ Caleb Lonkard

 

Connor

1. Nick West

2. Jody Hubbard

3. Brennan Russell

4. Jake Samad

5. Maybe Zach Nelson

 

:D

 

Donovan will start out #1 for Ryle without question.

 

I would be stunned beyond stunned if Samad doesn't start out as Conner's ace, followed by West, Russell and then Hubbard. Hubbard did not have a particularly successful season for Conner last year. Not to imply that he doesn't have the ability, but I think the others are clearly ahead of him.

Connor- Nick West, Jody Hubbard, Brennan Russell, Jake Samad

 

 

Is Hubbard's dad also named Jody?

Donovan will start out #1 for Ryle without question.

 

I would be stunned beyond stunned if Samad doesn't start out as Conner's ace, followed by West, Russell and then Hubbard. Hubbard did not have a particularly successful season for Conner last year. Not to imply that he doesn't have the ability, but I think the others are clearly ahead of him.

 

I would have to agree. Hubbard is a streaky pitcher. He will have a great game or two, then in his next game he can't buy a strike. And as far as Samad goes, he had wins in two big district games for Conner last year and got ill in his last two starts ( which were both losses). If he comes back this year with a stronger arm he should be a great pitcher for the Cougars.

Is Hubbard's dad also named Jody?

 

No, Joe. Super nice guy.

Is Hubbard's dad also named Jody?

 

Both are named Joseph. His dad goes by Joe and he goes by Jody.

Oh sorry I read your post wrong. I thought you said who will be number one. My bad. I'll put the rotations the way I think they will go this year:

 

Dixie-

1. Brice Smallwood

2. Brett Stansberry

3. Tyler Sexton

4. Keegan Burney

5. Tim Barnhorst/ Corbin Dematteo

 

Boone

1. Tyler Deno

2. Doug Teegarden

3. Jackson Laughman

4. Alford (Couldnt think of his first name)

5. Chase Stanley

 

Ryle

1. Chris Hensley

2. Kyle Donavon

3. Connor Hempel

4. Daisuke

5. Tyler Hill/ Caleb Lonkard

 

Connor

1. Nick West

2. Jody Hubbard

3. Brennan Russell

4. Jake Samad

5. Maybe Zach Nelson

 

Cov Cath

1. Adam Warning

2. Chris Gerwe

3. Adam Shumate

4. Matt Klein

5. Ben Maile/ Tom Arnzen

Closer- Brennan Schlaugbaum(sp?)

 

Beechwood

1. Josh Bertke

2. Zach Larimore

Then I dont know. I dont know enough about Beechwood to finish their rotation.

Very solid pitching in the 9th this year. Should be a very fun low scoring 9th :D

 

Nate Alford

  • Author
Nate Alford

 

Thats it! Thanks

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.