Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Pitching

Featured Replies

Dixie- Brice Smallwood, Brett Stansberry, Tyler Sexton, Tim Barnhorst, Corbin Dematteo, Keegan Burney, Corey Klei, Brad Popham, Corey Garrett

 

Ryle- Chris Hensley, Kyle Donavon, Conner Hempel, Daisuke, Caleb Lonkard, Tyler Hill, Leiff Clarkson.

 

Boone- Jackson Laughman, Tyler Deno, Doug Teegarden, Alford, Chase Stanley, Brodsky(Sp?)

 

Cov Cath- Adam Warning, Chris Gerwe, Schloebaum(sp?), Matt Klein, Adam Shumate, Ben Maile, Tommy Arnzen

 

Connor- Nick West, Jody Hubbard, Brennan Russell, Jake Samad

 

Beechwood- Josh Bertke, Zach Larimore

 

NewCath has a heck of a pitcher in senior Shawn Meyer. He will be one of the top pitchers in the 9th this year.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NewCath has a heck of a pitcher in senior Shawn Meyer. He will be one of the top pitchers in the 9th this year.

 

He is good. Throws hard. Who do they have to go with him though?

Dixie- Brice Smallwood, Brett Stansberry, Tyler Sexton, Tim Barnhorst, Corbin Dematteo, Keegan Burney, Corey Klei, Brad Popham, Corey Garrett

 

Ryle- Chris Hensley, Kyle Donavon, Conner Hempel, Daisuke, Caleb Lonkard, Tyler Hill, Leiff Clarkson.

 

Boone- Jackson Laughman, Tyler Deno, Doug Teegarden, Alford, Chase Stanley, Brodsky(Sp?)

 

Cov Cath- Adam Warning, Chris Gerwe, Schloebaum(sp?), Matt Klein, Adam Shumate, Ben Maile, Tommy Arnzen

 

Connor- Nick West, Jody Hubbard, Brennan Russell, Jake Samad

 

Beechwood- Josh Bertke, Zach Larimore

 

Jake Samad is a great competitor and has a great pitcher's mentality. I think Jake or Brenon Russell will emerge as Connor's ace, with the other close behind. Brenon's summer season, although not overly extensive, was none the less very impresssive.

He is good. Throws hard. Who do they have to go with him though?

 

I believe they have Jake Cain? NewCath lost a lot of seniors last year and that will hurt them this year.

I believe they have Jake Cain? NewCath lost a lot of seniors last year and that will hurt them this year.

 

Any residual shoulder issues for him? At least that's what rumor was - he didn't QB this season because of some shoulder problem.

NewCath has a heck of a pitcher in senior Shawn Meyer. He will be one of the top pitchers in the 9th this year.

 

 

 

Have seen Shawn since he was a youngster heck of a pitcher and a great kid.

Newport has Shawn Klass who is not a bad pitcher his self.

The heart of Ryle's staff going into the season will be:

 

Donovan

Hensley

Hempel

Rogers/Hill/Daisuke

and some other as-yet-unknown stud who will step up big time. :cool::lol:

 

 

I heard that Andy Roges is not playing this year? Have you heard that?

Also, Hensley has not pitched in a long time because of grades, have they improved?

What about Tyler O'bryan? Is he healthy and Matt Gorbant? :isurrender:

I heard that Andy Roges is not playing this year? Have you heard that?

Also, Hensley has not pitched in a long time because of grades, have they improved?

What about Tyler O'bryan? Is he healthy and Matt Gorbant? :isurrender:

 

I heard that about Andy, then heard he was playing. Not sure if he's going to lifting right now or not. I hope he comes out. Nice kid who could provide some meaningful innings.

 

Hensley hasn't pitched high school ball in two years, but he's played in the summer apparently and I've heard he's done well. I've not personally seen him pitch since he was a freshman. He'll be eligible to play this year.

 

Gorbandt should also be competing for some innings. I heard he did very well for JV last season. That is the lefty whose name I couldn't think of earlier. Can't say I'm familiar with O'Bryan.

 

Matt Watson is another potential sleeper. Couldn't play last year due to arm issues. He's healthy now. Odd throwing motion (sidearm bordering on submarine) and really gets the ball to move.

 

Clearly there are plenty of potential arms to draw from. It'll be interesting to see who steps up to be the top 4 or 5.

i remember Matt Watson, he had some nasty stuff and with a odd delivery he made it tough to pick the ball up. Did he play summer ball?

i remember Matt Watson, he had some nasty stuff and with a odd delivery he made it tough to pick the ball up. Did he play summer ball?

 

I believe so, but not certain for whom.

Dixie- Brice Smallwood, Brett Stansberry, Tyler Sexton, Tim Barnhorst, Corbin Dematteo, Keegan Burney, Corey Klei, Brad Popham, Corey Garrett

 

Ryle- Chris Hensley, Kyle Donavon, Conner Hempel, Daisuke, Caleb Lonkard, Tyler Hill, Leiff Clarkson.

 

Boone- Jackson Laughman, Tyler Deno, Doug Teegarden, Alford, Chase Stanley, Brodsky(Sp?)

 

Cov Cath- Adam Warning, Chris Gerwe, Schloebaum(sp?), Matt Klein, Adam Shumate, Ben Maile, Tommy Arnzen

 

Connor- Nick West, Jody Hubbard, Brennan Russell, Jake Samad

 

Beechwood- Josh Bertke, Zach Larimore

 

You need to add the name of Hellman to their list and this is the correct spelling for Brennan Schlagbaum and while Tommy Arnzen is still rehabilitating his knee, he will be fine by the start of the baseball season. I worked with Tommy today (MLK Day) at the JV basketball practice and he will be a go once the baseball season starts.

I heard that Andy Rogers is not playing this year?

 

Apparently he has not been attending workouts, so very possible he's decided not to play. A shame and I think a mistake on his part.

I heard that about Andy, then heard he was playing. Not sure if he's going to lifting right now or not. I hope he comes out. Nice kid who could provide some meaningful innings.

 

Hensley hasn't pitched high school ball in two years, but he's played in the summer apparently and I've heard he's done well. I've not personally seen him pitch since he was a freshman. He'll be eligible to play this year.

 

Gorbandt should also be competing for some innings. I heard he did very well for JV last season. That is the lefty whose name I couldn't think of earlier. Can't say I'm familiar with O'Bryan.

 

Matt Watson is another potential sleeper. Couldn't play last year due to arm issues. He's healthy now. Odd throwing motion (sidearm bordering on submarine) and really gets the ball to move.

 

Clearly there are plenty of potential arms to draw from. It'll be interesting to see who steps up to be the top 4 or 5.

 

I'm excited to see what Hensley can do in high school. I know he's played summer ball each of the last two seasons. Any idea what's kept him from playing school ball?

I heard that about Andy, then heard he was playing. Not sure if he's going to lifting right now or not. I hope he comes out. Nice kid who could provide some meaningful innings.

 

Hensley hasn't pitched high school ball in two years, but he's played in the summer apparently and I've heard he's done well. I've not personally seen him pitch since he was a freshman. He'll be eligible to play this year.

 

Gorbandt should also be competing for some innings. I heard he did very well for JV last season. That is the lefty whose name I couldn't think of earlier. Can't say I'm familiar with O'Bryan.

 

Matt Watson is another potential sleeper. Couldn't play last year due to arm issues. He's healthy now. Odd throwing motion (sidearm bordering on submarine) and really gets the ball to move.

 

Clearly there are plenty of potential arms to draw from. It'll be interesting to see who steps up to be the top 4 or 5.

 

Does Isler fit in the equation anywhere? I have not seen him pitch but if he is anywhere close to his big brother then I would think he has a shot.:idunno:

Does Isler fit in the equation anywhere? I have not seen him pitch but if he is anywhere close to his big brother then I would think he has a shot.:idunno:

 

Sure. I would think he's in the mix of several guys looking to fit into the top 5 or 6 pitching spots. He had some type of knee injury last season that required surgery and I don't think he pitched much (any?) for JV last season. Tough to ask him to compare to big brother since he was one of the better pitchers to come through NKY in a while, but it would certainly be a huge plus if he was.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.