Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenwood 68 Mason County 61

Featured Replies

If only things would stop getting in Mason County's way. Why oh why can't all the games be played at the Fieldhouse?

 

Sumo never mentioned the Fieldhouse in his post. You are putting words in his mouth. In reality, Mason only plays about 9 regular season games at home.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumo never mentioned the Fieldhouse in his post. You are putting words in his mouth. In reality, Mason only plays about 9 regular season games at home.

 

Whre is Greenwood.

Whre is Greenwood.

 

See post #6.

Sumo never mentioned the Fieldhouse in his post. You are putting words in his mouth. In reality, Mason only plays about 9 regular season games at home.

 

It's a knock on the perceived right that some Mason County fans have that the region tournament should be played at the Fieldhouse every year, something that many others decry. sumoroyal was being sour grapes about losing to a hometown team, implying homecourt advantages and homer calls. Many would say the same things about games at the Fieldhouse. There are exceptions.

Yes, it is true that alot of posters put words in my mouth about the Fieldhouse. The post was about a game that most people did not see and I was trying to inform them on how the game went. I was trying to say that Mason and Greenwood are pretty well even and if the game was not in their backyard and the fouls shots was 36 to 13, Mason can beat Greenwood. I did not say at the Fieldhouse. Wonder what Gold Sunrise would say if that was the foul total for the Clark game at Mason? If it is played at Winchester, MT Sterling or BOK Mason will beat them, that's all I was saying. I did learn a lesson on trying to inform the BGP posters about the games. Everything I say I am a homer which I believe I try to tell what happens. There probably won't be many more posts about our games in the future it is not worth it and hearing about the Region and the Fieldhouse evertime I post. I was probable one of the view BGP posters from Mason there because I travel with the team and keep the scorebook. I am sure if HHighfield or mcpapa would have posted it would not have been sour grapes. I appreciate all the responses.

Edited by sumoroyal

As far as the Regional tournament and the fieldhouse. Yes, I do want it at the fieldhouse ever year. Call me what you want cause you do anyway. The Tenth Regional tourney was the best regional tourney in KY. I say this and am called a homer, cheater among other names. Mustang says he perfers in Fieldhouse and that is just passed over. I am an alum of Mason and kept scorebook for the girls for twenty years and recently started with the boys. I have always wanted to be the official scorer at the Regional tournament. I have done that at the Fieldhouse and it is a rush. I like to do that every year whether Mason plays or not. I have dobe regional girls tourney's without Mason girls tourney and have still throughly enjoyed it. Yes, playing at home there is a slight advantage mostly with knowing the gym and travel time. The best team wins the majority. Clark won it the last time it was at the fieldhouse and are the early season favorites again. Yes, I want Mason to win, but when they don't I do not cry myself to sleep that night. I am an educated and knowledge person in life and basketball and know when the better team and when there is something shady. I do not get around very good and the fieldhouse is just a perfect place for me to have the regional.

Also, the hair never stood up on my neck once last year at the BOK arena during the Regional tourney during a very exciting game vs Clark.

Yes, it is true that alot of posters put words in my mouth about the Fieldhouse. The post was about a game that most people did not see and I was trying to inform them on how the game went. I was trying to say that Mason and Greenwood are pretty well even and if the game was not in their backyard and the fouls shots was 36 to 13, Mason can beat Greenwood. I did not say at the Fieldhouse. Wonder what Gold Sunrise would say if that was the foul total for the Clark game at Mason? If it is played at Winchester, MT Sterling or BOK Mason will beat them, that's all I was saying. I did learn a lesson on trying to inform the BGP posters about the games. Everything I say I am a homer which I believe I try to tell what happens. There probably won't be many more posts about our games in the future it is not worth it and hearing about the Region and the Fieldhouse evertime I post. I was probable one of the view BGP posters from Mason there because I travel with the team and keep the scorebook. I am sure if HHighfield or mcpapa would have posted it would not have been sour grapes. I appreciate all the responses.

 

You say if it wasn't for those factors, Mason County can beat Greenwood. That is correct. Mason County CAN beat Greenwood anywhere. I don't think that Greenwood is that much better of a team that you would say they couldn't win. What you said in your original post was that if this was played ANYWHERE but in Bowling Green in the small gym (which you have yet to even almost explain what the heck a small gym has to do with anything) that this WOULD have been a different outcome, ergo that Mason County wins anywhere but in Bowling Green. To me, that and your statement about it being no surprise that Bowling Green and Greenwood made the finals is a strong implication that the refs slanted the game towards Greenwood. Does it occur to you that "in your face" defense can sometimes lead to a propensity of foul calls against your team? Sometimes they call a tight game.

 

The Fieldhouse statement was honestly not for you in particular as it was for basically many of the Mason County fans I've tangled with over the years. It certainly wasn't an attempt to single you out. But I'll tell you that if HHighfield, mcpapa, or any Mason County fan in the world comes here and says stuff like if this game was played anywhere but in Bowling Green in the small gym then I'm going to say that it's absolutely sour grapes. Your wording was what brought this down. You left no room for doubt, and in fact in the quoted statement once again left nothing to doubt with a statement that if this were up in your neck of the woods Mason WILL beat them. Greenwood has a fine team, and you never complimented them as such. The closest you came was to say that Anderson was a really good player.

Yes, we do play in your face defense and Greenwood countered that by swinging the ball around into the face of our players and elbowing them in the mouth. Four of our players had cuts in their mouths from those flying elbows and everytime a foul was called on Mason. Dragonfly, if this game is played at Mason, Mason wins 68-61 and Mason makes 24 FT and you shoot 13, What do you post?

Yes, we do play in your face defense and Greenwood countered that by swinging the ball around into the face of our players and elbowing them in the mouth. Four of our players had cuts in their mouths from those flying elbows and everytime a foul was called on Mason. Dragonfly, if this game is played at Mason, Mason wins 68-61 and Mason makes 24 FT and you shoot 13, What do you post?

 

:eek::puke::puke::cry::cry::cry::popcorn::popcorn:

Yes, we do play in your face defense and Greenwood countered that by swinging the ball around into the face of our players and elbowing them in the mouth. Four of our players had cuts in their mouths from those flying elbows and everytime a foul was called on Mason. Dragonfly, if this game is played at Mason, Mason wins 68-61 and Mason makes 24 FT and you shoot 13, What do you post?

 

First of all, it's DragonFire, or DF.

 

Second of all, Greenwood is not now nor has ever been my team. This was a local tournament I was following, therefore I read the thread. If this is at Mason and those are the free throws, I can't say whether I'd have said a word or not. I can tell you I wouldn't have said "If this game was played anywhere but the Fieldhouse...." Yeah, I might've said something about the foul and free throw disparity. Since we're going to play that game, if this is at the Fieldhouse and those are the stats, is the fix in the way you imply it was in at Bowling Green?

 

BTW, as a person that has watched many years of basketball, I am positive that you know that it is something that is taught or at least the players do, that when someone is in their face, they swing the ball around to clear the area. Sometimes it leads to a charge call (which, I will grant you, is what I believe the call is supposed to be, though I am no ref). Usually it teaches the opposition to stay out of that space. I guess we found out what happens when a team that clears the space and a team that won't be dissuaded from playing in your face meet. So I could grant you that some of those fouls, yeah, probably should have been on Greenwood. But in your face defense can lead to fouls being called when that's not happening. If the refs call a tight game in those situations, the players and teams have to adjust to what the refs are doing.

 

And lastly, one more time I'll ask (and hope that you don't continue to ignore it), what the heck did the small gym have to do with anything?

I apologize for the mess up on the name just a miss type. Mason County has have success in the on the big stage in the past and brings a big following. I just thought we shold have played in the big gym more. A team that presses and plays full court want to play on courts. We have two gyms and our girls gym is not as big as the fieldhouse. During our summer camps, I always let the out of town teams play at least half their games at the fieldhouse. I am not referring that the auxiliary gym made us lose the Greenwood. We probably did better there because the older man running the clock in the main gym was one of the worst I have ever seen plus right down mean on top of it. The scoreboards in aux gym did not put up fouls so no one but the score keepers knew the fouls situation. At one time in the second half it was 12-2 Greenwood. The refs kept coming over to the table to ask what the foul total was. WHY??? I guess they wanted to know how many more times we could foul with our faces. DF, was you at this game? If yes, did you not see two times Anderson fouled under the basket and they reported it on #13, who fouled out. Like you said the gyms did not matter, the refs were terrible in both gyms.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.