Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 8th Region?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone with $150. can get invited to this showcase.

Negative, the attendees at this showcase were voted on by the respective regions coaches. It is similar to the East/West All Star game in which I believe 2 players and an alternate are selected. In addition to the players mentioned for the Sophomore showcase, the players selected for the east/west all star game that will return this season are:

Russell from Anderson County

Pelphry from Grant County

Craig from Carroll County (alternate)

I am pretty certain these are correct, I apologize if I am mistaken.

Sounds like alot of returning talent to the 8th region it should be a fun season. It will also be fun to see what new names emerge this season. Good Luck to all teams and most of all I hope all the kids can stay injury free.

Negative, the attendees at this showcase were voted on by the respective regions coaches. It is similar to the East/West All Star game in which I believe 2 players and an alternate are selected. In addition to the players mentioned for the Sophomore showcase, the players selected for the east/west all star game that will return this season are:

Russell from Anderson County

Pelphry from Grant County

Craig from Carroll County (alternate)

I am pretty certain these are correct, I apologize if I am mistaken.

Sounds like alot of returning talent to the 8th region it should be a fun season. It will also be fun to see what new names emerge this season. Good Luck to all teams and most of all I hope all the kids can stay injury free.

 

You're right. These kids were selected by the region coaches in the same manner as the Junior/Senior East-West All-Stars. In addition to the returning players you listed, Eric Standafer of Shelby Co. was also an alternate for the West Junior all-stars. James Knezevich of Oldham Co. and Nick Harley of North Oldham were also selected as alternates. Belated congratulations to these young men. Way to go, 8th Region!

South has a new Coach, what do you think they will be like? They seemed to be young last year with Freshmen and Sophomores in the starting varsity lineup. I haven't heard.

who are some of the top players in the region beside Russell (anderson Co.) and Pelphrey (Grant Co.)?

 

Pelfrey*

Historically, Walton-Verona has had a strong baseball program. It would be nice to see the program get back to where it once was. The program is in a total state of disarray and there is no direction or leadership. It would be nice to see a little less emphasis put into how the field looks and more into how the team performs.

 

With that being said, Shelby will probably be the team to beat in 2010.

 

:thumb:

Walton has not won the region since 1993. With that victory I believe they won 7 regional titles out of 14 seasons (79, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90 & 93), but a couple were in the 10th before they were moved to the 8th. I agree it is going to be a while before Walton competes for another region title.

:thumb:

Walton has not won the region since 1993. With that victory I believe they won 7 regional titles out of 14 seasons (79, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90 & 93), but a couple were in the 10th before they were moved to the 8th. I agree it is going to be a while before Walton competes for another region title.

 

Watch out for Sophomore Dustin Cottrell. He will be one of the best players in the region.

Watch out for Sophomore Dustin Cottrell. He will be one of the best players in the region.
I agree with that statement, if he is healthy.
Watch out for Sophomore Dustin Cottrell. He will be one of the best players in the region.

 

Does he play for Walton-Verona? What position?

Does he play for Walton-Verona? What position?

 

I know for a fact he pitches. He throws really hard. I also think he plays 1st and 3rd but im not sure about that. Cottrell ad Sullivan can both hit very well.

I know for a fact he pitches. He throws really hard. I also think he plays 1st and 3rd but im not sure about that. Cottrell ad Sullivan can both hit very well.

 

Thanks. Will keep an eye out for them. It appears we ought to have a ski team.

Thanks. Will keep an eye out for them. It appears we ought to have a ski team.

 

Yeah I guess. Ive been saying it for years. Every school in KY have a fund raiser for I dont know, like 2 or 3 years and get enough money to put a dome over top of their fields. Its a genious idea if you ask me :ylsuper:.

Watch out for Sophomore Dustin Cottrell. He will be one of the best players in the region.

 

I heard recently he was not playing. Spent the whole year rehabing and has decided it would not be worth risking injury again.

  • Author

Don't count Trimble Co. Out they have two really good pitcher's Duncan and Adamski is how i think you pronounce it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.