WKYfootballguy

What would you have done?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What would you have done?

• Cobb in Wildcat til we scored.
    • Newton at QB every down
    • Cobb, Locke, & Conner til we scored
    • Played to just get a FG

Cobb period. You need to get the ball to your best player, the only way you can do that is to put him at QB. So do it.

I agree, get the ball in the hands of your athletes.....Cobb is U.K.'s best athlete. Newton imo was not so much the problem though, if not at QB then get the football to Cobb (or Locke as second opotion) in any way, shape or form.

If it was me, once I got down near the 10-yard line, I'd have been in TD or bust mode...four down territory. Tennessee was dominating the football game for the entire second half. UK was not going to win that game in OT, IMO. And, they didn't.

I'd have gone for the win. Period. Like Bill Belichick against Indianapolis, regardless of what criticism I'd have taken afterward.

But, our coaching staff is like 99.8% of them in football.

Kentucky just can't beat Tennessee. Last night was just another example of why even die hard UK football fans, like myself, don't care how good the matchup is, we won't expect a UK win over UT they actually prove it's possible.

Last 2 times UK plays UT in Lexington have chance to win game but play for tie instead. 2 years ago fourth and goal on 1 and kick field goal. Last night give the ball to Newton instead of Cobb not greatest play calling I have seen. As Gator fan would have liked to have seen Wildcats beat vols.

Maybe It's just me, But why not have Conner on that side, He would have blown the defender up..

Conner was hurt. He was on the sideline with ice on the back of his neck. Though it would have been better to have had Allen out on the block instead of Locke. But root cause, the ball should have been in Cobb's hands. I'm still totally baffled at Joker's decisions. :ohbrother:

Conner was hurt. He was on the sideline with ice on the back of his neck. Though it would have been better to have had Allen out on the block instead of Locke. But root cause, the ball should have been in Cobb's hands. I'm still totally baffled at Joker's decisions. :ohbrother:

Yeah, I see that now...Allen would have thrown a better block, oh well...