Harlan 21 Pikeville 14

dragon_slayer

I have said this all year, the Dragons have a very solid team. They have a senior team, which pays off this time of year. They have a big O-Line with 3 hard running senior RB's. I felt after watching them play Corbin early in the year, they would be one of the best 2 or 3 teams in that region.

Wow, congrats to the Dragons! I don't care how down Pikeville is, its tough to win on their field. Especially when you never have! The Green Team had to overcome mentally as well. Lets give the Dragons their due.

I agree...they had to show up and beat them. They did that and my hat is off to Harlan.

Wow, congrats to the Dragons! I don't care how down Pikeville is, its tough to win on their field. Especially when you never have! The Green Team had to overcome mentally as well. Lets give the Dragons their due.

Good job, Dragons. This is the eqivolent to Kentucky finally beating Tennessee.

If any coach deserves credit for being a great leader it is JB Donahue. In the middle of the year every Harlan parent/fan on this website, and in general, seemed to be second guessing what was going on with the team. Well, it is good to see that JB got something he deserved with this win. This win has been a long time coming for him and it couldn't have happened to a better person. I don't think this is the best team that he has ever went up against Pikeville with, but they are the only ones who got the job done when it mattered. I really think that the game against Hazard will be a lot closer than what is expected. Harlan has improved ten fold since that game earlier in the year. Good luck to the kids and Coach D!

If any coach deserves credit for being a great leader it is JB Donahue. In the middle of the year every Harlan parent/fan on this website, and in general, seemed to be second guessing what was going on with the team. Well, it is good to see that JB got something he deserved with this win. This win has been a long time coming for him and it couldn't have happened to a better person. I don't think this is the best team that he has ever went up against Pikeville with, but they are the only ones who got the job done when it mattered. I really think that the game against Hazard will be a lot closer than what is expected. Harlan has improved ten fold since that game earlier in the year. Good luck to the kids and Coach D!

Every fan would've second guessed him when he elected to kick it to Taylor Ratliff, who is a dangerous returner, and ran it back for a game tying TD before the half ended. Great defensive and unstoppable rushing game provailed in the end despite coming from behind to pick up the W.

However, Harlan is playing with a different level of energy the past 2 weeks. Andrew Link will need to continue his production against Hazard if Harlan wants to remain competitive in that game.