Scott County Lady Cardinals Hoopfest

This event will be held at Scott County High School on November 13th and 14th. The schedule is as follows:

Friday November 13th

5:15 Dunbar vs. Holmes

6:20 Shelby County vs. Cooper

7:25 Sayre vs. Cooper

8:35 Harrison County vs. Williamstown

(Note: The schedule emailed to me has Cooper playing in two scrimmages on Friday)

Saturday November 14th

11:00 Berea vs. Beechwood

12:15 Southwestern vs. Carroll County

1:30 Casey County vs. Simon Kenton

2:45 Scott High vs. Knox Central

4:00 Hart County vs. South Oldham

5:30 Ballard vs. Owen County

6:45 South Laurel vs. Newport Central Catholic

8:00 Scott County vs. Madison Central

I saw the second half of the Casey Co and Simon Kenton game and Casey Co won fairly easily. I did not see the first half. They kept score by half.

Scott HS defeated Knox Central by about 20. Some good things for Scott and some not so good. Pretty typical of a first scrimmage. Overall, they are very young. Bamforth at the point and Tibbs inside played very well.

Does anyone have any other results?

Since the 8th region had five schools (Shelby Co., Carroll Co., Simon Kenton, South Oldham and Owen Co.) participating in this one, are there any overall observations as to how they performed? It's so very early, but a concise report would be nice to read, if anyone can make one. I understand that this is a very nicely conducted event that Scott Co. hosts.

Since the 8th region had five schools (Shelby Co., Carroll Co., Simon Kenton, South Oldham and Owen Co.) participating in this one, are there any overall observations as to how they performed? It's so very early, but a concise report would be nice to read, if anyone can make one. I understand that this is a very nicely conducted event that Scott Co. hosts.

I can only comment on the last part of your quote. It was a very nice event. They ran right on time and it was a nice opportunity for our girls to see some other teams. We have been to other hoopfest events and they have run up to an hour behind. Great job Scott Co. HS

I saw the second half of the Casey Co and Simon Kenton game and Casey Co won fairly easily. I did not see the first half. They kept score by half.

Scott HS defeated Knox Central by about 20. Some good things for Scott and some not so good. Pretty typical of a first scrimmage. Overall, they are very young. Bamforth at the point and Tibbs inside played very well.

Does anyone have any other results?

SK - Casey was 16-16 1st half. Ponzer was at state soccer game for SK. Brown - Wainscott played all but about the last 3 minutes of 2nd half. Next weekend scrimmage 6:00 PM against S. Oldham at SK. First time Brown-Wainscott-Ponzer will be on the floor together.

Those 3 must play a lot of minutes! IMO

Friday night results, scores are combined halves from the scoreboards and stats are unofficial by my count.

Dunbar 71 Holmes 33 - Dunbar was led by Ebony Rowe with 31 points. Bessea Hughes led Holmes with 14 points.

Shelby County 55 Cooper 17 - Dee Dee Davis and Marissa Raisor led Shelby County with 19 and 16 points respectively. Adrienne Sandlin led Cooper with eight points.

Sayre 40 Cooper 38 - Anne MacNeil and Maddie Mitchell led Sayre with 14 points each. Katlyn Sams and Rachel King led Cooper with nine and eight points respectively.

Harrison County 41 Williamstown 28 - Sherese Doram led Harrison County with 12 points. Chelsea West led Williamstown with seven points. Tori Wilhoit went down early with a knee injury and will have it checked out Monday, hope everything checks out well.

Saturday results

Beechwood 42 Berea 15 - Elly Ogle and Jessica Schilling (8th graders) led Beechwood with 16 and 11 points respectively. Rachel Wilder led Berea with seven points.

Southwestern 45 Carroll County 41 _ Danay Fothergill led Southwestern with 21 points. 7th grader Addison Corder added 15 points on five three point baskets. Hannah Devine led Carroll County with 19 points.

Casey County 34 Simon Kenton 21 - Megan Pittman led Casey County with 14 points. Sydni Wainscott led Simon Kenton with seven points.

Scott High 53 Knox Central 31 - Lauren Tibbs led Scott with 22 points. Kayla Shelton led Knox Central with 13 points.

I spent most of my day correcting numbers in my program as most of the teams were playing in their practice jerseys.

....more Saturday results

Hart County 30 South Oldham 29 - Lexee Wilson led Hart County with 17 points. Jasmine Whitfield and Jordan McGuffin led South Oldham with 10 and eight points respectively. South Oldham won the first half 18-9 but lost the second half 21-11.

Ballard 40 Owen County 23 - Nicole Heitz and Angelica Newby led a balanced Ballard attack with eight points each. Rianna Gayheart led Owen County with 15 points.

Newport Central Catholic 51 South Laurel 27 - Brittany Fryer and Courtney Sandfoss led NCC with 11 and 10 points respectively. Morgan Johnson led South Laurel with 10 points.

.... final Saturday contest both coaches agreed on and added 10 additional minutes of running clock to allow some of the players on their deep bench to get some minutes. I will just give the score for the "regular" portion although they played evenly in the extra stanza and did not effect the outcome, classy move by both coaches.

Scott County 72 Madison Central 66 - This was like a mid season game with both teams playing well and displaying a lot of offense. Scott County was led by Madisen Webb with 26 points. Kristen Stainback added 23 points including four three point baskets. Erika Parks and Larryn Brooks led Madison Central with 15 points each. Parks had four three point baskets. Jenna Cornelison added 12 points.

This was a fun event and very well run. It was after all a scrimmage with several girls missing for various reasons and the coaches were using it as an instructional tool to experiment with strategy and player rotations with for the most part the final score being an afterthought. I enjoy attending each season because it gives me the opportunity to see several teams in one location over a two day period of time.

• 2 weeks later...
Friday night results, scores are combined halves from the scoreboards and stats are unofficial by my count.

Dunbar 71 Holmes 33 - Dunbar was led by Ebony Rowe with 31 points. Bessea Hughes led Holmes with 14 points.

Did not see Bianca Eggleston playing for Holmes.... She was a nice post player last year. Does anyone know anything about why she isn't playing? :idunno: