Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands play calling

Featured Replies

Since I am new to this web sight maybe someone could fill me in. This thread and the one on the Highlands vs Ryle JV game. People are not happy with a program that is ranked 11th in the nation, has won State 17 or 18 times. I don't get it.

 

Oh, to have a life filled with the problems that Highlands has.

The play calling has been drving me crazy for a while BUT Dale and his staff know what they are doing so their is no reason to complain about it. They keep winning and out scoring the other team! Good luck Birds win state.

 

Dale is not the type of coach to do the expected. He seems to be many moves ahead of the competition and people wonder why he is calling the game the way he is? Dale is smarter than he looks(sorry coach), there have been many games when he could have unloaded the offensive game plan but why??? Win the game and save the rest of the arsenal for when you need it.

 

Highlands has not used everything they have been practicing since the beginning of the year and when Dale decides to bring out the rest of it watch out!!!

I liked it when they did the number thing from the sidelines a few years ago. Two different people would hold up different numbers then they went from there. I liked it, it seemed different.

Dale is not the type of coach to do the expected. He seems to be many moves ahead of the competition and people wonder why he is calling the game the way he is? Dale is smarter than he looks(sorry coach), there have been many games when he could have unloaded the offensive game plan but why??? Win the game and save the rest of the arsenal for when you need it.

 

Highlands has not used everything they have been practicing since the beginning of the year and when Dale decides to bring out the rest of it watch out!!!

 

You're right Dale is smarter than he looks and smarter than people give him credit for. I have spoke to him and know people that have played for him so they are practicing for every scenerio and if he decides to pull out all the plays HHS will be scary. I hope I'm there when everyone is healthy and they hit their stride. Wow that will be a good time.

It is hard to you with success. I would think you always want to keep moving forward and keep trying new things.

Along those lines I would like the Birds faithful to comment on, is it me or does HHS seem to go for 2 on the PAT with a much greater frequency than other programs?

It seemed to me that Towles a couple times in the 1st half changed the play at the line ala Peyton Manning. The NSync line checking of the wrist was pretty cool to. I give em a 10!

It seemed to me that Towles a couple times in the 1st half changed the play at the line ala Peyton Manning. The NSync line checking of the wrist was pretty cool to. I give em a 10!

 

No way, No how! We have been down that road about the QB's changing the play at the line. If he did it was because it was sent in that way.

  • Author
This put in for Ryle. Ryle changed their D mid season. They were overloading one side of the line.This forced them to show their hand and the play would be called accordingly. Why do people question the genious of Dale and his staff. He won state in 2007 calling plays the same way for the entire season. Also it does'nt slow the game,you actually get 10 to 12 more offensive plays per game.GO BIRDS WIN STATE!:ylsuper:

 

Now that it is put in that light, I understand the change! I completely overlooked the fact that this game was against a team the Birds had already played earlier in the year and that a new wrinkle might be in order!:thumb:

  • Author
Like you had somewhere better to be..even in the rain. :rolleyes:

 

I guess you are right. No better place to spend a Fall Friday night than watching the march to the 19th!!!:banana:

No way, No how! We have been down that road about the QB's changing the play at the line. If he did it was because it was sent in that way.

 

Why so adament? I dont remember being down that road and why wouldnt they allow the QB to change the play?

Oh, to have a life filled with the problems that Highlands has.

 

:D:D Feel sorry for us yet?

Why so adament? I dont remember being down that road and why wouldnt they allow the QB to change the play?

 

There was a lot of discussion about play calling in another thread, something about a game played in the mud. Since I have been following HHS football, I don't remember any Coaches allowing the QB to change the call at the los before. Maybe I'm wrong but just don't see it happening or have seen it happen.

 

I wish they would allow the audible to be called. It would catch a lot of defenses off guard as to most are not able to change their defensive call either. This is high school football. That is why the Coaches believe what is called from the sidelines is the correct call to run. Which it probably is 99% of the time. Again, it's high school football.

There was a lot of discussion about play calling in another thread, something about a game played in the mud. Since I have been following HHS football, I don't remember any Coaches allowing the QB to change the call at the los before. Maybe I'm wrong but just don't see it happening or have seen it happen.

 

I wish they would allow the audible to be called. It would catch a lot of defenses off guard as to most are not able to change their defensive call either. This is high school football. That is why the Coaches believe what is called from the sidelines is the correct call to run. Which it probably is 99% of the time. Again, it's high school football.

 

But wouldnt it be quite impressive if they could call audibles? If you have a smart QB who can read defenses and see things I guess it makes it easier.

But wouldnt it be quite impressive if they could call audibles? If you have a smart QB who can read defenses and see things I guess it makes it easier.

 

I tend to believe that all of our QB's past, present and future are smart...:thumb:

 

I don't recall seeing an QB call the audible at the LOS at the high school level. I am sure it happens...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.