Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Richt on the hot seat?

Featured Replies

^I'm sorry, but how are you any different?

 

1. I never criticize anyone. I tell them it's fine if they disagree.

2. I don't always laugh when people ask if I've ever played sports, trying to seem like I'm some celebrity athlete.

3. I don't go looking for anyone to argue with.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. I never criticize anyone. I tell them it's fine if they disagree.

2. I don't always laugh when people ask if I've ever played sports, trying to seem like I'm some celebrity athlete.

3. I don't go looking for anyone to argue with.

 

Yeah, you're right, questioning OR's knowledge of the sport isn't criticizing him....:lol:

Yeah, you're right, questioning OR's knowledge of the sport isn't criticizing him....:lol:

 

Only when he questions mine. Go back and read the entire thread. He called out my knowledge, so I figured his was fair game:rolleyes:

Which is all I ever do. I stick up for myself. I never say that anyone on here doesn't know what they are talking about, until they say something about my knowledge. It's not my place to tell anyone that, nor is it their place to tell me.

Only when he questions mine. Go back and read the entire thread. He called out my knowledge, so I figured his was fair game:rolleyes:

 

Reread it, don't see it. I see people questioning your opinion, which is certainly appropriate, but no one coming close to questioning your knowledge about anything. :idunno:

 

Oh well, it doesn't bother me, Richt isn't going anywhere so this whole debate is pointless.

My point is that while Richt may be a good coach, he isn't good enough in the SEC. Sure all his stats look nice, but that was before Meyer and Saban, Les Miles was still catching on, etc. He is a major, MAJOR drop off from those three. He is a dropoff from Petrino as well, and probably Houston Nutt. Stats are stats, watching Richt though you can tell he is no where near the class of the elite coaches in the SEC. Georgia has the talent and recruiting base to be a title contender on a regular basis, he will never get them there though. Sometimes you have to aim a little higher, IMO.

 

Now, you might be right that he isn't good enough in the SEC. I don't really believe that, but what he isn't is as good as Meyer, and as I said, if forced to try and compete against Meyer at Florida, most programs will fall by the wayside. Every coach you named besides Meyer is out of the SEC West. I don't consider it coincidental that Spurrier, Brooks, Kiffin (yet)/Fulmer, and Richt don't compare favorably to Florida which is running roughshod over everyone at this point.

 

You note Saban and Miles. Miles I think is 1-3 against Richt, with his first win coming this year. Saban is only 2-2.

 

The fact remains that the Coker/Richt comparison is not apt in the least. Georgia has sustained success better than Miami did under Coker. Richt may not have reached the pinnacle that Coker did (which was entirely inherited), but he hasn't even approached the lows, and he's done it in a better conference and division.

Send Richt to UK, I would take him over Joker.

From what I've seen you post, I honestly don't think I could talk strategy to you, without losing you.

 

:lol: :ohbrother: :notworthy:

Reread it, don't see it. I see people questioning your opinion, which is certainly appropriate, but no one coming close to questioning your knowledge about anything. :idunno:

 

Oh well, it doesn't bother me, Richt isn't going anywhere so this whole debate is pointless.

 

Please read again. How about the post telling me that I'm football dumb? I know nothing about defense or line play? May be true, but it's still a bit over the line. I don't remember having ever said that to anyone.

 

Now, you might be right that he isn't good enough in the SEC. I don't really believe that, but what he isn't is as good as Meyer, and as I said, if forced to try and compete against Meyer at Florida, most programs will fall by the wayside. Every coach you named besides Meyer is out of the SEC West. I don't consider it coincidental that Spurrier, Brooks, Kiffin (yet)/Fulmer, and Richt don't compare favorably to Florida which is running roughshod over everyone at this point.

 

You note Saban and Miles. Miles I think is 1-3 against Richt, with his first win coming this year. Saban is only 2-2.

 

The fact remains that the Coker/Richt comparison is not apt in the least. Georgia has sustained success better than Miami did under Coker. Richt may not have reached the pinnacle that Coker did (which was entirely inherited), but he hasn't even approached the lows, and he's done it in a better conference and division.

 

I think Kiffin looks fine though. He has his dad (best defensive mind out there IMO) who's going to be there for a while, is recruiting great, and has worked wonders with the offense this year. I'd say some Gator fans are a little nervous about Rocky Top getting up there to where UF, Bama, and LSU are.

 

I'd take Richt over Coker any day as well. I put that on here to show that you really need more than stats to have a good argument.

 

Either way, I'm leaving this discussion before I get in trouble. :walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.