BCS Poll

swamprat

By the looks test I'd say you're right. I still think they can play with anyone though.

I have to disagree. I think we have seen that teams from the Big 10 usually cant play with many other top teams. Seems like the last 3 years or so Big 10 teams look better than they really are by beating other overranked teams in their conference. Iowa I believe barely beat two division 2A schools this year, and took them to literally the last second to beat a 4 and 4 team. I give them credit because they keep finding ways to win. However you really think they would play with these other teams who are faster, better offenses, and quicker defenses? I just don't see it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree. I think we have seen that teams from the Big 10 usually cant play with many other top teams. Seems like the last 3 years or so Big 10 teams look better than they really are by beating other overranked teams in their conference. Iowa I believe barely beat two division 2A schools this year, and took them to literally the last second to beat a 4 and 4 team. I give them credit because they keep finding ways to win. However you really think they would play with these other teams who are faster, better offenses, and quicker defenses? I just don't see it.

They just have the feel of the 2002 OSU team to me. That team wasn't as talented and wasn't anywhere close to being at the athletic level of the Miami team they played, but the Bucks still "won". Yes, what team would just destroy them? UF or Bama might, but they beat or at least play with everyone else IMO.

They just have the feel of the 2002 OSU team to me. That team wasn't as talented and wasn't anywhere close to being at the athletic level of the Miami team they played, but the Bucks still "won". Yes, what team would just destroy them? UF or Bama might, but they beat or at least play with everyone else IMO.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I think if they played the 2002 OSU team they would get stomped. Shoot I don't think they even beat this years OSU team. Playing in the Big 10 makes teams look better than they really are. We have seen that for the last few years, and I dont see this year being any different.