Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley County 2009/2010

Featured Replies

What does Whitley County need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

This could be the most talented team they have had since the mid to late 90's. I look for Whitley to be a solid ball team in the 13th region. The 13th has 5 really solid teams that I would rate just above Whitley Co (Clay, South, Corbin, Knox, and Bell).

This could be the most talented team they have had since the mid to late 90's. I look for Whitley to be a solid ball team in the 13th region. The 13th has 5 really solid teams that I would rate just above Whitley Co (Clay, South, Corbin, Knox, and Bell).

 

I agree with you wideopen. I think the loss of Hooker for Clay will hurt but WC will be in the running in the end.

Whitley Co. could be a very dangerous team this year and could make the regional tournament..............which means that either Corbin or South Laurel would not.:eek:

Whitley County should be better this year but are in the wrong district. SL and Corbin have dominated this region since the redistricting.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then, at some point the Colonels could get over the hump, the question is will it be at the right time? Which would be the district tournament.

 

Maybe a better analogy would have been the sun don't shine on the same dog's tailend everyday......

Coach Baker has done a good job of retaining kids in the program which has been a problem in the past. It looks like this could be a break through year in number of wins but they will still be outside looking in come region tourny time. I think Whitley has the talant to win alot of games, and now it seems like all the kids are working together (looking back at the summer games) which has been a problem in the past with several situations where some individuals were more interested in ME than in TEAM, that all looks to be in the past now.

Whitley County should be better this year but are in the wrong district. SL and Corbin have dominated this region since the redistricting.

 

I understand this is beating a dead horse..........but

 

 

I think Whitley is in the right district, I would think it is South that is in the wrong district. The first districts that people got to look at had Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg and Lynn Camp in a district together, and South and North in the same district along with Rock and Clay moving to the 14th......I see that being more right. But it would appear that several folks had problems with it and thus it was changed. At least that is what I was told.

 

Clay could have dominated that region much as they dominated the 13th for years.

I understand this is beating a dead horse..........but

 

 

I think Whitley is in the right district, I would think it is South that is in the wrong district. The first districts that people got to look at had Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg and Lynn Camp in a district together, and South and North in the same district along with Rock and Clay moving to the 14th......I see that being more right. But it would appear that several folks had problems with it and thus it was changed. At least that is what I was told.

 

Clay could have dominated that region much as they dominated the 13th for years.

I think Whitley will be much better this year as well, as for Rock being in the 14th that would be a long trip for them to anywhere, don't remember that, Clay on the other hand could make sense for them to be in the 14th. I never understood how North and South were not in the same district either.

I think Whitley will be much better this year as well, as for Rock being in the 14th that would be a long trip for them to anywhere, don't remember that, Clay on the other hand could make sense for them to be in the 14th. I never understood how North and South were not in the same district either.

I believe you mean the 12th region. Clay will never leave the 13th in my book they have to much tradition in that region. Harlan Co. would be a team that could make a case for the 14th region with Hazard and Perry Co.:thumb:

Actually post #8 talked about Rock being in the 14th region not me, I always felt they should be were they are now the 12th, I was saying I didn't remember any talk of putting them in the 14th. I agree Harlan Co. would be a good fit in the 14th.

I think Whitley will be much better this year as well, as for Rock being in the 14th that would be a long trip for them to anywhere, don't remember that, Clay on the other hand could make sense for them to be in the 14th. I never understood how North and South were not in the same district either.

 

 

 

He was talking about Clay moving to the 14th.

It depends on how you read it. Clay was in the 14th in the original plan. Clay does border Leslie County.

Whitley should be a very good team this year. Footloose and distraction free they will make some noise this year. It is hard to say how they will fair against Corbin and South but I would think they will certainly have a great shot at getting out of the district this year. If they are going to do it this would be the year. I think Chris Baker, Jason Faulkner, Cory Sears, and the new addition Randy Love are doing a great job with this program. The administration should be very proud of this staff as they seem to be turning things in the right direction and have one of the best young coaching staffs in the area. Everyone wishes the Colonels good luck and would love to see someone step up and compete with Corbin and South for the district championship.

Is Lebanion still playing?

 

I think that Lebanion is playing now that football is over. There may be some more football players coming out too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.