Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Whitley County 2009/2010

Featured Replies

Coach Sears has been stricken with the swine flu. Please send him your prayers.

I think Whitley will be much better this year as well, as for Rock being in the 14th that would be a long trip for them to anywhere, don't remember that, Clay on the other hand could make sense for them to be in the 14th. I never understood how North and South were not in the same district either.

 

When they moved from the 12th to the 13th, ... most of the teams in the 13th did not want both of them in their district. This was a way to make the move smoother. That's what I was told when it happened.

When they moved from the 12th to the 13th, ... most of the teams in the 13th did not want both of them in their district. This was a way to make the move smoother. That's what I was told when it happened.
My guess it would not have been most of the teams in the 13th, looks like they would have been in the Clay Co. district together so the KHSAA gave that district the lesser of two evils and put South in the 50th. Clay could have had a say in that, maybe not.
My guess it would not have been most of the teams in the 13th, looks like they would have been in the Clay Co. district together so the KHSAA gave that district the lesser of two evils and put South in the 50th. Clay could have had a say in that, maybe not.

 

It was more than one team. Remember, that coaches in the 12th wanted rid of the Laurel County schools so bad, that one coach was even quoted as saying "Good, ... I will help them pack their bags." Numerous 12th region coaches made public comments about being very pleased that they were leaving the 12th region. The foreign exchange controversy and the dreaded 'R' word were being tossed around quite a bit and none of the coaches in the 13th were saying 'Come on in, ... glad to have you.' They were coming off playing each other in the district and regional finals a few times, and noone really wanted to add both of them to their district.

 

I will give the KHSAA credit that they didn't just put them in different districts for basketball, but every sport, including football.

I'm sure the 12th region coaches were glad to see both go, it made the road to Rupp a whole lot easier for them. I always felt it made no sense to drive past both schools to get to teams in the 13th. Rockcastle, Jackson Co. etc.. It would be interesting to see how many 13th region championships in all sports North and South have won in the 13th since being here. Schools like Whitley (this is their thread) and all other schools have had to step it up a notch to compete and thats a good thing.

I'm sure the 12th region coaches were glad to see both go, it made the road to Rupp a whole lot easier for them. I always felt it made no sense to drive past both schools to get to teams in the 13th. Rockcastle, Jackson Co. etc.. It would be interesting to see how many 13th region championships in all sports North and South have won in the 13th since being here. Schools like Whitley (this is their thread) and all other schools have had to step it up a notch to compete and thats a good thing.

 

I agree wholeheartedly, I think that South being in the region is a definate plus for the 13th. It gives creditiblity to all the teams there, and Steve Wright is a class act, and those in the 12th who used the "R" word more than likely were just a little bit green, if you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

 

I was just saying in the beginning that I thought the districts were a wee bit politically influenced.:sssh:

 

As far as Whitley goes, if they could ever get by South or Corbin in the right game (or games) it would lend creditibilty to the good job that Coach Baker is doing there building a program from basicly scratch:clap: (after years of instablility)

The word coming out of Whitley is that this may be their best team in 25 years.

The word coming out of Whitley is that this may be their best team in 25 years.

 

In one sense that is a very big word, in another not that impressive, I mean they have not been overly successful. But it is good to see them moving in the right direction.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.