Harlan County 15 Perry Central 14

Sounds like Perry's Coach was full of excuses in the newspaper today!

Go Bears!!!

“I’m going to go home and pray all week that the good Lord delivers us a dry field next week,” Browne said. “What that does is when you are athletic and fast is you can’t cut like normal. When Jordan Amis is on a dry track, you ain’t going to get those tackles they got on him in the mud. It’s a great equalizer.”

I agree, but seriously how many teams in Kentucky can use that excuse at this point? A lot.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I’m going to go home and pray all week that the good Lord delivers us a dry field next week,” Browne said. “What that does is when you are athletic and fast is you can’t cut like normal. When Jordan Amis is on a dry track, you ain’t going to get those tackles they got on him in the mud. It’s a great equalizer.”

I agree, but seriously how many teams in Kentucky can use that excuse at this point? A lot.

Also used the one about missing the best linebacker in Eastern Kentucky on that last drive! He was because the best linebacker in Eastern Kentucky was on Harlan County's sidelines!

Also used the one about missing the best linebacker in Eastern Kentucky on that last drive! He was because the best linebacker in Eastern Kentucky was on Harlan County's sidelines!

How have they been beat then, because the LHL had him saying Amis should be Mr. Football. Having the best LB and the best player in Kentucky is amazing. Harlan County and North Laurel both did what it takes to completely shut down their high powered offense only give up 14 points each. Harlan County got it done just a little more offensively though.

I don't know if I've ever seen a better comeback at Cawood's field, and I've seen games there every year since that field opened in 1973.

Harlan County fans have to get behind Perry Central next week.

They could give the Bears a district championship with an upset of Whitley and a win by Harlan County at Clay.

Somebody help me out:

If Harlan Co beats Clay Co. and PCC beats Whitley, then Harlan Co would be first and Whitley second??

What if Whitley wins, Harlan Co wins, and Letcher loses?

What if Whitley wins, Harlan Co. wins, and Letcher wins? Would we have a third seed?

What if Whitley, Harlan Co., and Letcher all lose?

and who can get the 4th seed? Does North still have a shot?

North and Clay are eliminated now. North could only have 2 wins at the most and Clay could only have one. HC, WC, LCC each have three already. PCC has two and they beath North head to head. If HC wins and Whitley loses then HC wins the district no matter what. If all three win and tie 4-1 it goes to tie breaker. Same situation if all three lose. If all three lose that would force a 4 way tie. If any one of the top three win and the other two lose that team would be the champ. If HC loses and LCC and WC both win, LCC would be the champ. If WC and HC win and LCC loses then WC would be the champ with HC 2nd. I'd say that is every possible scenario.

Somebody help me out:

If Harlan Co beats Clay Co. and PCC beats Whitley, then Harlan Co would be first and Whitley second??

What if Whitley wins, Harlan Co wins, and Letcher loses?

What if Whitley wins, Harlan Co. wins, and Letcher wins? Would we have a third seed?

What if Whitley, Harlan Co., and Letcher all lose?

and who can get the 4th seed? Does North still have a shot?

1. Harlan County would be first, Letcher second, Perry third and Whitley fourth

2. Whitley first, Harlan County second and Letcher third.

3. Harlan County would probably be third, unless they could upset Bell and get first in tie-breaker points.

4. If they all lose, it would be a four-way tie with Perry Central.

When I glanced over it last week it appeared Letcher had the edge in a three-way tie, which means Whitley would be second.

Harlan County could probably move to the top by upsetting Bell, which would be worth eight or nine points.

It doesn't mean that Whitley would be 2nd. HC may have more points than them.

I thought the KHSAA went to head-to-head after the three-way tie was broken, but they must have changed that. They use the tie-breaker points for second, too, so Harlan County may be second.

They used to do head to head, then points, then back to head to head for 2 and 3. Now, it appears it's points to decide all three spots.

This is all too confusing. I think they should just let the coaches who are in a three way tie have a corn hole tournament amongst themselves to decide top seed.:D

I looked up each of the top three teams point totals this year.

Whitley Co- 251 points

Letcher Co- 237 points

Harlan Co- 183 points

I believe we should just let all three teams play each other again.