Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper/Boone County Predictions

Who Wins 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

    • Boone
      77%
      46
    • Cooper
      22%
      13

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This Friday, October 9th, 7:30 PM the Cooper Jags travel to Boone County High School to take on the Rebels. What does everyone think about this matchup?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The experience of Boone and being at home wins out, but this won't last forever. Boone better keep an eye on the Jags this Friday and in the future.

Boone 28-24

Cooper is still 2 years away IMO. I'll take Boone big. 42 - 14.

If Bradley plays and Boone tackles the way they did against Conner this might be a long night for the Rebels. Then again Cooper has to stop Boone on offense. Either way I think Boone pulls out the victory.

I think Boone pulls it out this year as well. I believe with Bradley back next year that Cooper will break into the District win column a time or two.

My predictions:

 

Boone scores 49 points.

Quainoo/Oppenhimer rush for 250 yards.

Boone throws 3 passes.

Boone gets no better.

No way is this close. Boone wins big. Cooper is still a few years away from being able to compete much less win.

  • Author
No way is this close. Boone wins big. Cooper is still a few years away from being able to compete much less win.

 

 

Just curious to your reasoning about this?? Not doubting you at all, as I do believe that Cooper is still a little while away from being competitive, but Boone has shown a very hard time stopping the run, which is Cooper's strength. I personally think it will be closer than many think, but I will not post a prediction. If you ask me this could be a suprisingly high scoring game.

Boone Co. by 21.

Bradley is the only threat they have and I think Boone will be able to contain him. As far as beating the other 6A schools in the district, I think it will take at least four years to get the program going building tradition to beat the Teams in their district.

Bradley confirmed to play this week, Boone won't "win big".

Cooper's one-dimensional offense will be contained by Boone. That's not to say that Bradley isn't a solid back or that Cooper doesn't have a decent running game. But that's all they have and it makes it much easier for a defense when they can focus on one guy and/or one particular aspect of the game. The fact that Boone has given up large rushing amounts in prior games doesn't apply here - they were playing much stronger opponents and opponents who also presented passing threats. Boone 42, Cooper 14.

My predictions:

 

Boone scores 49 points.

Quainoo/Oppenhimer rush for 250 yards.

Boone throws 3 passes.

Boone gets no better.

 

So you're expecting an aerial display, are you? :D

  • Author
Cooper's one-dimensional offense will be contained by Boone. That's not to say that Bradley isn't a solid back or that Cooper doesn't have a decent running game. But that's all they have and it makes it much easier for a defense when they can focus on one guy and/or one particular aspect of the game. The fact that Boone has given up large rushing amounts in prior games doesn't apply here - they were playing much stronger opponents and opponents who also presented passing threats. Boone 42, Cooper 14.

 

Point taken, but I have to argue against you on this. Just wouldn't feel right if I didn't. LOL. After watching a few games of Boone, their defense has struggled very much against backs that are of less talent than Bradley, IMO. I agree that it will be easier to key on him than it was on other teams, but every game Bradley has had success and I don't see that changing.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.