Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Cats Pause Preview

Featured Replies

I saw one for just a few minutes today. Looked at the 10th region and.........

 

Ranked #1 in the region.....Mason Co

#2 George Rogers Clark

 

Sorry can't remember the others. It stated in the article how Clark and Mason had dominated the region the last few years.

 

Player Ranking

 

#1 Robby Stenzel GRC

 

Believe Setty was #2

 

Zollo was like #6....:rolleyes:

A kid from Scott was #5.

 

I had been looking forward to seeing this as I knew the author( from Mason Co) was not going to rank the GRC Cards #1, even though when the state rankings come out GRC will most likely be in the top 5 of the state and Mason will not. :popcorn:

  • Replies 189
  • Views 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one for just a few minutes today. Looked at the 10th region and.........

 

Ranked #1 in the region.....Mason Co

#2 George Rogers Clark

 

Sorry can't remember the others. It stated in the article how Clark and Mason had dominated the region the last few years.

 

Player Ranking

 

#1 Robby Stenzel GRC

 

Believe Setty was #2

 

Zollo was like #6....:rolleyes:

A kid from Scott was #5.

 

I had been looking forward to seeing this as I knew the author( from Mason Co) was not going to rank the GRC Cards #1, even though when the state rankings come out GRC will most likely be in the top 5 of the state and Mason will not. :popcorn:

 

Most Likely the kid from Scott was Kellen Smith, Only a junior, he will be a player everyone has to worry about the next few years.

I saw one for just a few minutes today. Looked at the 10th region and.........

 

Ranked #1 in the region.....Mason Co

#2 George Rogers Clark

 

Sorry can't remember the others. It stated in the article how Clark and Mason had dominated the region the last few years.

 

Player Ranking

 

#1 Robby Stenzel GRC

 

Believe Setty was #2

 

Zollo was like #6....:rolleyes:

A kid from Scott was #5.

 

I had been looking forward to seeing this as I knew the author( from Mason Co) was not going to rank the GRC Cards #1, even though when the state rankings come out GRC will most likely be in the top 5 of the state and Mason will not. :popcorn:

Goldsunrise, I couldn't imagine you not thinking the Cards would be preseason #1, but JF from Mason County nailed it last year and I do believe we remember the results. Zollo has been injured and that has prevented him from going up the rankings I am sure in some eyes. The hype that has surrounded him by committing to UK, now decommitting and I hear the likes of Notre Dame and others on his trail. Hope he has a bust out year so that the expectations that have been leveled down on him will come true and the kid can just relax. In my one year of seeing him and that was hampered by illness, injury, the performance has not supported the hype. JF, thata boy, and the cabbie likes the predictions as well. He said he wanted to snap a photo and put it next to your article:thumb::laugh::clap:

  • Author
Goldsunrise, I couldn't imagine you not thinking the Cards would be preseason #1, but JF from Mason County nailed it last year and I do believe we remember the results. Zollo has been injured and that has prevented him from going up the rankings I am sure in some eyes. The hype that has surrounded him by committing to UK, now decommitting and I hear the likes of Notre Dame and others on his trail. Hope he has a bust out year so that the expectations that have been leveled down on him will come true and the kid can just relax. In my one year of seeing him and that was hampered by illness, injury, the performance has not supported the hype. JF, thata boy, and the cabbie likes the predictions as well. He said he wanted to snap a photo and put it next to your article:thumb::laugh::clap:

 

How can you rank Mason #1 in the region but GRC will be rated higher in the state rankings? Explain this to me?

How can you rank Mason #1 in the region but GRC will be rated higher in the state rankings? Explain this to me?

 

I haven't seen it(state rankings) yet is one reason, and secondly it will be on my opinion as well that for the last 2 years, Mason has started at the top spot and ended there as well. Mason County has a lot of talent returning, a lot of kids that got valuable minutes last year that will only help this year. Again Tradition Never Graduates as well as Championships! You asked and so you shall receive::clap:

  • Author
I haven't seen it(state rankings) yet is one reason, and secondly it will be on my opinion as well that for the last 2 years, Mason has started at the top spot and ended there as well. Mason County has a lot of talent returning, a lot of kids that got valuable minutes last year that will only help this year. Again Tradition Never Graduates as well as Championships! You asked and so you shall receive::clap:

When the state ranking come out and GRC is rated higher than Mason Co....then will you explain????

 

Also you saying that Mason Co has a lot of talent returning....so does GRC. Who are the ones at Mason that got valuable minutes....Setty, Gilbert, Pawsat??? Who else?

When the state ranking come out and GRC is rated higher than Mason Co....then will you explain????

 

Also you saying that Mason Co has a lot of talent returning....so does GRC. Who are the ones at Mason that got valuable minutes....Setty, Gilbert, Pawsat??? Who else?

The state rankings will not take into account that the tenth region will be played at Mason. We all know that will help cushion the blow of losing the talent that graduated last year.:D

When the state ranking come out and GRC is rated higher than Mason Co....then will you explain????

 

Also you saying that Mason Co has a lot of talent returning....so does GRC. Who are the ones at Mason that got valuable minutes....Setty, Gilbert, Pawsat??? Who else?

 

Bradley Lang, Justin Lang(I think he hit a couple of clutch shots in the region final against you guys.....you were looking right on one particular), Tyler Black, the addition of Manship from Montgomery who had a solid summer and then add a kid that has a lot of upswing to him in Josh Harris and I think this team has the makings to be pretty good. Pretty good balance, and all these kids have ever done has been go and out and win. I don't need to explain anything to you specifically that I haven't already tried to do in the past. Opinions are prized possesions to ones self, and as you can see in the earlier post, I am basing some of my thoughts on just that! The rest takes care of itself just as results have justified the past two years:thumb:

I saw one for just a few minutes today. Looked at the 10th region and.........

 

Ranked #1 in the region.....Mason Co

#2 George Rogers Clark

 

Sorry can't remember the others. It stated in the article how Clark and Mason had dominated the region the last few years.

 

Player Ranking

 

#1 Robby Stenzel GRC

 

Believe Setty was #2

 

Zollo was like #6....:rolleyes:

A kid from Scott was #5.

 

I had been looking forward to seeing this as I knew the author( from Mason Co) was not going to rank the GRC Cards #1, even though when the state rankings come out GRC will most likely be in the top 5 of the state and Mason will not. :popcorn:

 

:ohbrother:

 

 

I agree with what Pressrow has said, Mason Co is the defending Region Champs why wouldn't they be ranked #1? They bring back tons of talent of last years team.

Bradley Lang, Justin Lang(I think he hit a couple of clutch shots in the region final against you guys.....you were looking right on one particular), Tyler Black, the addition of Manship from Montgomery who had a solid summer and then add a kid that has a lot of upswing to him in Josh Harris and I think this team has the makings to be pretty good. Pretty good balance, and all these kids have ever done has been go and out and win. I don't need to explain anything to you specifically that I haven't already tried to do in the past. Opinions are prized possesions to ones self, and as you can see in the earlier post, I am basing some of my thoughts on just that! The rest takes care of itself just as results have justified the past two years:thumb:

 

:thumb:

How can you rank Mason #1 in the region but GRC will be rated higher in the state rankings? Explain this to me?

 

I think GRC was ranked higher than Mason Co in the state last year too, preseason. :sssh:

The only argument Mason Co. has to being #1 IMO is based on what they did in the past. The lost King, Middleton, and Brawner (the transfer they had that went back to Lex). Those were 3 of their top 6. Clark Co. on the other hand only lost 2 players that played and got Purvis back who is a very good player. I will say the one issue I see with Clark Co. is depth in the backcourt, but I can't see them not being the favorite. They have Zollo, Purvis, Rogers, Stenzel, and Daniels. Thats 5 that are exceptionally good.

I had been looking forward to seeing this as I knew the author( from Mason Co) was not going to rank the GRC Cards #1, even though when the state rankings come out GRC will most likely be in the top 5 of the state and Mason will not. :popcorn:

 

How can you rank Mason #1 in the region but GRC will be rated higher in the state rankings? Explain this to me?

 

This is the one, only and last thing I will say about this, because I feel very little need to defend my OPINION. First off, where I am from has no bearing on my prediction. I work in a profession where you have to be (and I pride myself on being) unbias, and this is no different. Secondly, as to state rankings (that in the grand scheme of things, mean very little) vs. where they will finish at the end of the season -- i.e. regional tournament -- I will quote directly from the article:

 

And even while the Cardinals may get more preseason pub and likely higher statewide rankings, the prediction here is that in a one-on-one matchup come late March, the Royals will succeed in making their third consecutive trip to Rupp Arena.

 

And finally,

 

JF, thata boy, and the cabbie likes the predictions as well. He said he wanted to snap a photo and put it next to your article:thumb::laugh::clap:

 

Thank you sir. Anyone care for a breath mint?

This is the one, only and last thing I will say about this, because I feel very little need to defend my OPINION. First off, where I am from has no bearing on my prediction. I work in a profession where you have to be (and I pride myself on being) unbias, and this is no different. Secondly, as to state rankings (that in the grand scheme of things, mean very little) vs. where they will finish at the end of the season -- i.e. regional tournament -- I will quote directly from the article:

 

And even while the Cardinals may get more preseason pub and likely higher statewide rankings, the prediction here is that in a one-on-one matchup come late March, the Royals will succeed in making their third consecutive trip to Rupp Arena.

 

And finally,

 

 

 

Thank you sir. Anyone care for a breath mint?[/QUOTE]

 

:laugh::lol: Classic and great times!

The only argument Mason Co. has to being #1 IMO is based on what they did in the past. The lost King, Middleton, and Brawner (the transfer they had that went back to Lex). Those were 3 of their top 6. Clark Co. on the other hand only lost 2 players that played and got Purvis back who is a very good player. I will say the one issue I see with Clark Co. is depth in the backcourt, but I can't see them not being the favorite. They have Zollo, Purvis, Rogers, Stenzel, and Daniels. Thats 5 that are exceptionally good.

 

Mason Co lost Russ a good scorer from last years team, Downing played solid D and Hamm was a spark off the bench. They bring back T. Black who is going to have a break out year IMO. Also, look for Gilbert and J Lang to be a good backcourt. Manship and B Lang in the frontcourt.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.