Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region 8 Teams

Featured Replies

What are the best teams and wrestlers in region 8? My picks would be Sheldon Clark, followed closely by McCreary Central, Wayne, Johnson Central, and Ashland. They will also have several state champions this year. 103 - Sullivan, 119- Bryant, 135 - Sanders, and 140- Murton. What are your picks? :argue:

Well Brandon Howard will be no joke this year

Perry Central should have a solid team with returning seniors, Tim Jones(152) and Alfred Collins(130?), and returning juniors in Zach Hall(135?) and Ben Napier(160).

Howard was not a joke last year, state-runner up!

He is only a Junior. He still has some some chances at a State Championship, I believe he can achieve.

ne one know what weight Murton is going this year?

I think Ashlands team will be decent this year. Most of the wrestlers last year were beginners and now have a year of experience under their belts. I think they will be much improved. And I believe they have a new 160 from Chicago, havent seen him wrestle but he's a pretty good size.

  • Author

This region will be very close this year,probably will have 4 teams within 30pts at regions.

Not sure yet who the best teams are in this region but I would say you better get Letcher County Central (new school) now before they become a power...it is only a matter of time.

Anyone have results from the Wayne Co. Duals? According to another website Fern Creek posted a perfect 5-0 record. I also read that Malcom Jackson (Fern Creek) teched Eric Bryant. Did anyone see this match?

I saw the Jackson vs Bryant match. Jackson got in on his legs and turned him numerous times. It looked like he could have gotten the pin but hard to say. I think everyone was surprised that Jackson was so dominant. It didnt really appear that Bryant wrestled poorly, Jackson just looked really good! Bryant seemed to handle it well and kept his composure. I'm sure they will wrestle a few more times this season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.