Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lone Oak 17 Graves County 7

Featured Replies

That was a lot closer than many thought it would be.

The only person watering the field was the good Lord. Stop making excuses and give Graves some credit. I know for a fact that the sprinklers never came on this week.

I'm not a fan of either team but I went to the second halve of this game. It was close very close. I know Lo got a gift TD to end the first halve. Yes the field was wet but LO couldnt move the ball and neither could Graves that much. What I saw was a that LO made just a few more plays than Graves and that was it. I really thought Lo would hand it to Graves but Graves has a good bunch of hardnose kids.

  • Author

...........................................Lone Oak .........................Graves

 

 

First downs............................ ..11................................. 10

 

Rushing attempts ......................21 ..................................36

 

Rushing yards ..........................42 ...................................81

 

Passing ..............................15-26-1 .............................8-21-0

 

Passing yards .........................244 ...................................90

 

Total yards ............................286................................... 171

 

Fumbles-lost ..........................3-2 ....................................2-1

 

Penalties ...............................7-66 .................................5-50

 

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

 

RUSHING

– Lone Oak: M. Starks 26, J.

 

Starks 29, Looper 8-(-13).

 

Graves: Williamson

 

7-13, Crawford 13-43, Bunch 4-11, Clapp 11-13,

Thomas 1-1.

PASSING

 

– Lone Oak: Looper 15-25-1, 244.

 

Graves........Clapp 8-21-0, 90.

 

 

RECEIVING

 

- Lone Oak: J. Starks 3-21, M.

 

Starks 3-88, Hill 3-27, Colon 3-46, Isenberg 2-

 

62.

Graves: Coleman 8-90

 

Graves also played without Riley, arguably, the best player on there team on both sides of the ball, RB and LB... He definately could have made a difference, maybe not a 10 pt difference, but, certainly a difference, just the same...I'm glad it was a close game...I think anytime you're tested throughout the year, it does nothing but help you come playoff time... Lone Oak didn't play there best game, by any means, but, still proved they could win a slobbernocker type game with there defense and not just outscore teams...They'll be better off for it in the longrun..

Haskins showed his real class last night by alleging that Graves County watered down the field for his almighty Flash offense. Like Graves County would ruin their field for the rest of the season for a non-district game against Lone Oak. Apparently it must never rain in Lone Oak...as pretty much the rest of the state had to play in horrible field conditions with the rain we have received this week. Granted the ball was wet...but it was wet for everyone last night.

Edited by Ram

Haskins showed his real class last night by alleging that Graves County watered down the field for his almighty Flash offense. Like Graves County would ruin their field for the rest of the season for a non-district game against Lone Oak.

 

I guess there football field is just as bad as there baseball field!! :rolleyes:

Guess so....same drainage system...

 

But seriously....you could have gone to any game here in western kentucky last night and had the same field conditions. Down in Fulton County last night every step you took on the field had standing water. The common thread...neither field has much of a crown to allow for faster draining...go back and look at Graves County's field...there is no crown to it to allow for water to drain off. I don't know why they made it that way...but if you don't build the crown on the field...you get fields that don't drain as well.

I'm a Lone Oak fan and I believe any suggestion the field was watered down is ridiculous. Granted, the field conditions hurt both teams offense, but I'm impressed that both squads played hardnose football. Graves has now played Mayfield and Lone Oak as close as anyone. They should be proud and could make a run in their district!:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.