September 27, 200917 yr That evening is about the UK team and Coach Cal. It should not be about LaBron James being there. It's about the fans giving a whole lotta luv to a potentially great team. I don't need LaBron there to get jacked up about UK basketball. Im with Wireman here...BBM is nothing but a celebration of Kentucky Basketball. If Bron Bron wants to come be a part of the madness and make everybody go crazy, recruits included, im all for it.
September 27, 200917 yr Im with Wireman here...BBM is nothing but a celebration of Kentucky Basketball. If Bron Bron wants to come be a part of the madness and make everybody go crazy, recruits included, im all for it. The bolded is my point. If you gotta bring in a LaBron to sell a program to a recruit, then that program must not be as strong as some think. Just my opinion. I will admit, if LJ does show up, it will probably bring the house down.
September 27, 200917 yr The bolded is my point. If you gotta bring in a LaBron to sell a program to a recruit, then that program must not be as strong as some think. Just my opinion. I will admit, if LJ does show up, it will probably bring the house down. BBM is all about creating an exciting environment for fans, players and recruits, Lebron would certainly contribute to that. Can you imagine if Lebron was in the dunking contest? Not only would it bring the house down but it would be all over ESPN, Youtube and everywhere else for that matter. Also, I can guarantee you that 99% of the top recruits would love to be in the company of Lebron, not to mention the current players and I think the fans would love it as well, so I don’t see a problem with it... BTW, I don’t think it will happen...
September 27, 200917 yr The bolded is my point. If you gotta bring in a LaBron to sell a program to a recruit, then that program must not be as strong as some think. Just my opinion. I will admit, if LJ does show up, it will probably bring the house down. North Carolina doesn't need Michael Jordan to sell recruits, but he certainly doesn't hurt things.
September 28, 200917 yr That evening is about the UK team and Coach Cal. It should not be about LaBron James being there. It's about the fans giving a whole lotta luv to a potentially great team. I don't need LaBron there to get jacked up about UK basketball. The evening isn't about LeBron. It's about the future of UK basketball. LeBron is just an added bonus for the fans. What does it matter anyway? UNC uses Jordan, other universities have past greats to join in the night. Cal and LeBron are friends and if ends up showing that night then so be it. The bolded is my point. If you gotta bring in a LaBron to sell a program to a recruit, then that program must not be as strong as some think. Just my opinion. I will admit, if LJ does show up, it will probably bring the house down. Trust me, Cal is not bringing LeBron to sell a recruit anything. Cal has had many players go pro and have success. UK nor Cal actually needs LeBron to sell a recruit on anything.
October 17, 200916 yr If you follow any news, it was reported he had the flu this week. That's nice. No LeBron...
October 17, 200916 yr If you follow any news, it was reported he had the flu this week.Which didn't matter...he still wasn't coming.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.