Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball Self-Reports 3 Violations

Featured Replies

What ply are you using? :D

 

Always 2!!!!

  • Author

I am curious, how do you do an open records request (like what the H-L did here)?

I am curious, how do you do an open records request (like what the H-L did here)?

Typically you just go down to whatever institution and fill out some paper work. They are required to submit the information by a certain amount of time. Processing fees may go along with it.

It's two ply generic, so I think we're alright, but you never know.

  • Author
Typically you just go down to whatever institution and fill out some paper work. They are required to submit the information by a certain amount of time. Processing fees may go along with it.

 

I would be curious what I'd find if I travelled around to every school in the preseason top 25 and did an open records request.

I am curious, how do you do an open records request (like what the H-L did here)?

 

Typically you just go down to whatever institution and fill out some paper work. They are required to submit the information by a certain amount of time. Processing fees may go along with it.

 

It depends on how cooperative the institution in question is. If they are used to this nature of request, they might help you out. But, from my experience, you have to ask specifically — and I can't emphasize that word enough — in writing what you are looking for. Otherwise, the institution in question will, most likely, go out of its way to avoid giving you anything. They can charge you to make copies, but are required to keep that charge at a minimum (i.e., they can't go doing ridiculous stuff like charging you $5 per page for a document that is 100 pages).

 

Familiarize yourself with these Kentucky Revised Statutes and be prepared to cite the appropriate one in your open records request:

61.870

61.884

61.805

61.850

 

It also would help to familiarize yourself with the federal Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA).

 

Public and not-for-profit companies that derive at least a portion of their income/operating revenue from taxpayer dollars, as well as government institutions, are bound by these laws. In Kentucky, an institution must respond to an open records request within three days either by producing the documents requested, or providing a written response as to why the request is not going to be filled. If denied, you can appeal to the Kentucky AG's office.

 

I would be curious what I'd find if I travelled around to every school in the preseason top 25 and did an open records request.

 

With colleges, you have to be hyper-specific about what you're looking for, then be ready to put on the gloves as they try their best to stonewall you. You might either not get anything, or you might end up getting access to boxes upon boxes full of mostly useless information that would take you and a small staff the rest of your lives to sort through in order to find that proverbial needle in the haystack (this is another form of stonewalling — giving you more info than you could ever hope to deal with in a reasonable amount of time, in the hopes you'll give up).

 

Happy Hunting! :D

I would be curious what I'd find if I travelled around to every school in the preseason top 25 and did an open records request.

 

In the end you would mostly likely find that you were broke and divorced :lol:

I would be curious what I'd find if I travelled around to every school in the preseason top 25 and did an open records request.

 

The DaVinci Code

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.