Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson County/Henry County predictions

Who wins? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Anderson County
      74%
    • Henry County
      25%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I believe Meade has a very good defense.

 

Nope, they haven't stopped anybody all year. They are undersized, especially for a 6A school. However, they turned the ball over a bunch against Anderson, and you can't do that agianst anybody! Against JH, JH beat themselves more than Meade was able to. However, Meade always does well against Hardin Co. schools. They play with a chip on their shoulder against those guys. Meade is young and small, but will get better as time goes on. :thumb: Anderson is a formidable opponent for anyone.

Obviously you know nothing about Henry County. Last year they where a injury ladden team at this time. When you are the smallest 3A school in the state, depth becomes a factor, but this is a new year so we will just see what happens. I would not call Anderson County & Owensboro Catholic along with Westeren Hills , North Odham , & Spenser a cake walk schedule!!!!!!!

 

I wouldn't call those teams a cake-walk, either. But the problem with that reasoning is that Henry County hasn't played Anderson County, Owensboro Catholic, Western Hills, North Oldham or Spencer County yet.

 

The wins Henry County have gotten so far are against teams with a combined record of 5-9, four schools which likely will finish no better than third in their respective districts. Two of those could easily miss the playoff this year.

 

Now Friday night with Anderson County certainly doesn't make or break the Henry County season. A loss just means they can't play with one of the better 5A teams in state - most everyone is in that same boat. But a loss could lead to a downturn similar to last season which saw Henry County fade down the stretch to 6-4 and get routed in the opening round of the playoffs.

 

Here's hoping Henry County can continue their season-opening success. But the challenge will be tough in a pretty solid district top-to-bottom. And the cakewalk is over.

The wins Henry County have gotten so far are against teams with a combined record of 5-9, four schools which likely will finish no better than third in their respective districts. Two of those could easily miss the playoff this year.

QUOTE]

 

I agree with you GCHS. While I don't have much of a dog in this fight, I will say AC hasn't knocked any big dogs off either. I think their opponents are currently 1-10 and the same could be said about some of those teams not finishing anywhere near close to tops in their respective districts. Anderson has done a good job in the wins column, they haven't exactly been world beaters though. They don't exactly have a "Tough" schedule for a school of their size. Over the past 3 seasons they have won the games they should have (with the exception of Oldham, who later knocked them off in the 2nd round of the playoffs), but haven't really gotten that SIGNATURE win that says they are a power to be reckoned with in 5A. However, they are a good football team, and may prove way too much for Henry this Friday. I just don't think, in 5A, they have arrived yet, but they are knocking on the door! Good luck to both, this will only help both through the season.

I agree with you GCHS. While I don't have much of a dog in this fight, I will say AC hasn't knocked any big dogs off either. I think their opponents are currently 1-10 and the same could be said about some of those teams not finishing anywhere near close to tops in their respective districts. Anderson has done a good job in the wins column, they haven't exactly been world beaters though. They don't exactly have a "Tough" schedule for a school of their size. Over the past 3 seasons they have won the games they should have (with the exception of Oldham, who later knocked them off in the 2nd round of the playoffs), but haven't really gotten that SIGNATURE win that says they are a power to be reckoned with in 5A. However, they are a good football team, and may prove way too much for Henry this Friday. I just don't think, in 5A, they have arrived yet, but they are knocking on the door! Good luck to both, this will only help both through the season.

 

Well said.:thumb:

I've heard very good things about Russell. Looking forward to seeing him play at this game. Good luck to both teams!

I don't have a dog in this fight, and wish I could see this game...

 

Anderson and Henry have both got veterans on the field, and good coaches on the sideline.

 

Both have started strong (record-wise) and have the confidence and momentum that goes with it.

 

Henry has a dogged defense and Anderson the offensive weapons.

 

Both teams have made a habit over the past 2-3 years of beating the teams they are supposed to, but not pulling off much in the way of upsets. I agree with BigCatDaddy that both teams are "knocking on the door" in their respective classes...

 

I think the DIFFERENCE is this: Anderson County has spent the last 2-3 years knocking heads with larger, better teams and Jacob Russell will likely be the best player on the field at his position, with this being his 3rd year as the starting QB. As tough as Henry's defense is, it won't show anything to Russell he hasn't seen before...he's the biggest playmaker in the game.

 

Can Henry win this one? Count me as one of those who thinks they can. Am I predicting a Wildcat win? No. I think Anderson pulls away from a defensive struggle in the second half...

I don't have a dog in this fight, and wish I could see this game...

 

Anderson and Henry have both got veterans on the field, and good coaches on the sideline.

 

Both have started strong (record-wise) and have the confidence and momentum that goes with it.

 

Henry has a dogged defense and Anderson the offensive weapons.

 

Both teams have made a habit over the past 2-3 years of beating the teams they are supposed to, but not pulling off much in the way of upsets. I agree with BigCatDaddy that both teams are "knocking on the door" in their respective classes...

 

I think the DIFFERENCE is this: Anderson County has spent the last 2-3 years knocking heads with larger, better teams and Jacob Russell will likely be the best player on the field at his position, with this being his 3rd year as the starting QB. As tough as Henry's defense is, it won't show anything to Russell he hasn't seen before...he's the biggest playmaker in the game.

 

Can Henry win this one? Count me as one of those who thinks they can. Am I predicting a Wildcat win? No. I think Anderson pulls away from a defensive struggle in the second half...

 

Good post Colonel Mike.

  • Author

Well, Howdy fans, Ol' Leonard here checking in on this the 5th week of high school football. Anderson vs. Henry sets up to be a good football game Friday night. Both are undefeated and neither have really been in a dogfight yet. This will be just that. Anderson brings in a different kind of animal to skin than the Wildcats have seen this year. QB Jake Russell is all that both throwing and running. His favorite target is Grant Cox and he is a big playmaker for a team averaging 44ppg. As usual they will have a huge frontline. Coach Mark Peach can sure grow 'em big around Lawrenceburg. They will show a power game with the wishbone and a finesse game with the spread offense. They are well regarded in 5A rankings this year.

But don't count the Wildcats out jest yet. They have been putting up good numbers on offense the last two games and the defense remains stong and unyielding. I will tell you that Coach Engstrand's felines will have to play four quarters in this one and not allow the Bearcats to take a sizeable lead. If they do they will be in a heap o' trouble. QB Luke Magness needs his best game so far this year and his receivers need some stickem on their hands. Dropped passes will get them beat. Pete Baldwin had a breakout game at running back last week and he should give the Bearcats something to worry about. Erich Butler will lead the Wildcat defense again.

And by the way who in their right mind picked Anderson to be the homecoming game? I don't think the Bearcats will take kindly to being the homecoming date.

Now for the tough part. The little smart pill machine hasn't been wrong this year in picking Henry County games. It says the Wildcats will suffer their first loss. I paid darn good money for that machine and probably should go with its prediction. But I'm a sap for underdogs. Just ask Roger Federer about underdogs! The world's best tennis player was beaten by an unknown just this week! And who can forget what little David did to the heavily favored Goliath. I believe if Henry keeps it close they will win it in the 4th quarter. Anderson has shown signs of fatigue, several of their big fellas' go both ways and simply wear down by late in the game.

Call me a fool but I can't pick against Henry in this one. I think they will get one of the better wins in the last four years Friday night. They have been close but they will close the deal against a team who could be looking past them to other opponents.

Get out Friday night and support your favorite team.

So here goes.....Leonard's loser in a good, tough high school football game, Anderson County. Quick, get me outta' here Percy, the little smart pill machine is not pleased with me!

Henry upsets AC 28-27.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

:thumb:

I don't have a dog in this fight, and wish I could see this game...

 

Anderson and Henry have both got veterans on the field, and good coaches on the sideline.

 

Both have started strong (record-wise) and have the confidence and momentum that goes with it.

 

Henry has a dogged defense and Anderson the offensive weapons.

 

Both teams have made a habit over the past 2-3 years of beating the teams they are supposed to, but not pulling off much in the way of upsets. I agree with BigCatDaddy that both teams are "knocking on the door" in their respective classes...

 

I think the DIFFERENCE is this: Anderson County has spent the last 2-3 years knocking heads with larger, better teams and Jacob Russell will likely be the best player on the field at his position, with this being his 3rd year as the starting QB. As tough as Henry's defense is, it won't show anything to Russell he hasn't seen before...he's the biggest playmaker in the game.

 

Can Henry win this one? Count me as one of those who thinks they can. Am I predicting a Wildcat win? No. I think Anderson pulls away from a defensive struggle in the second half...

 

 

Good post Col. Mike - Always fair and concise.:thumb:

Henry is ready to make a run towards District play. I pick the Cats by 2 scores.

No twinkie:isurrender::isurrender: here! Wildcats take a whoppin' 56-7.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.