Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elder, OH 26 Trinity 7

Featured Replies

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity held Elder to just two touchdowns but school record four field goals.

Closer than most thought it would be. The Pit is a tough place to play and Elder is very good this year.

  • Author
Closer than most thought it would be. The Pit is a tough place to play and Elder is very good this year.

 

Yes they are! This Trinity team is very young, but holding what I understand is an experienced Elder team to only 2 TD's, has to be some sort of moral victory! We'll be fine! All the pieces will fall into place, and this tough early-season will pay off royally!

Considering Trinity was missing it's starting QB, starting K, and I think one of their top D players, a pretty nice showing. #2 for Trinity is lightning quick and fun to watch - a terrific playmaker. Elder was the better team, but Trinity hung in there nicely. BTW, did Elder even have one penalty called on them? Not implying it was the difference in the game, but how does a team go the entire game (I didn't see the final quarter) without a penalty?

 

Sad sidenote: Fan at game had a heart attack and game was stopped. I'm hearing he subsequently passed away.

Congrats to Coach Ramsey with the win tonight he becomes the winningest coach in Elder history!

 

(Rip the fan)

  • Author
Considering Trinity was missing it's starting QB, starting K, and I think one of their top D players, a pretty nice showing. #2 for Trinity is lightning quick and fun to watch - a terrific playmaker. Elder was the better team, but Trinity hung in there nicely. BTW, did Elder even have one penalty called on them? Not implying it was the difference in the game, but how does a team go the entire game (I didn't see the final quarter) without a penalty?

 

Sad sidenote: Fan at game had a heart attack and game was stopped. I'm hearing he subsequently passed away.

 

 

Oh no! I hope that isn't so!

 

As to the penalties, I don't remember seeing any called, and there was a facemask even the Elder announcers were calling. But, that's neither here nor there. We had our opportunities. Our offense will learn much from this, as will our defense. However, I do feel that our D was pretty darned good considering...I also think when all our starters are back, that our offense will be improved. But, I do think that we moved the ball pretty well at times on a terrific Elder D. Lots to be happy about even with a loss, IMO. These players who are inexperienced, or will return to back up roles will have some great experience under their belts, and will be dangerous in the end.

I love the spin from the Trinity faithful. "We held them to only two touchdowns". LOL! Yeah but they still scored 6 times on you.

  • Author
I love the spin from the Trinity faithful. "We held them to only two touchdowns". LOL! Yeah but they still scored 6 times on you.

 

True...I'm into moral victories, though. Accentuate the positive! :D

I love the spin from the Trinity faithful. "We held them to only two touchdowns". LOL! Yeah but they still scored 6 times on you.

 

delete

I love the spin from the Trinity faithful. "We held them to only two touchdowns". LOL! Yeah but they still scored 6 times on you.

 

I'm not associated with Trinity at all. In fact, I usually root against them. But they just played the #3 team in the country and played them fairly well. They have reason to be proud of their effort.

  • Author
Anyone have the stats?

 

 

I haven't found them yet CR

  • Author
Team Stat Comparison
LOU ELD
1st Downs 11 21
Total Yards 178 348
Passing Completions 13 14
Passing Attempts 20 20
Passing Yards 79 161
Passing Average 4.0 8.1
Rushing Attempts 30 40
Rushing Yards 99 187
Rushing Average 3.3 4.7
3rd Down Efficiency 6-13 6-11
4th Down Efficiency 1-1 0-0
Penalties 3-35 3-37
Turnovers 3 2
Possession 21:51 26:09

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.