Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell Red Devils Rebuild

Featured Replies

If Fraley wasn't such a pitiful coach, Russell wouldn't of made it out of districts IMO. Russell coaching was just plain better than GC. I think GC has talent edge but them showing up is different story.:deadhorse: IMO PS: I hope Fraley proves me wrong.:rolleyes:

Edited by bluekyblue
wording

 

What about the Robinson kid? :deadhorse:

 

What about the Hunt kid transferring last year and playing varsity this year in addition to the Ross kid last year.

 

What about the Turner kid at Ashland, Terry at Fairview, etc,etc,etc.:deadhorse:

 

I have no problem with kids that transfer to any school. I don't understand why you do.

I don't have a problem with transfers. My point, to bring this wagon train back in a circle, is that Russell has to be a phoenix rising from the ashes, not rebuild. You can defend Dodd until the cows come home with the 3 year plan, blah, blah, but the fact of the matter is he did nothing to develop the kids he had there. You point to Skaggs playing as a 7th grader, and that's fine, but many would argue that the kids who will graduate this year would have benefited from shared time. Quite simply he started 4 seniors on a 3-26 team. Here, you're fond of these so let me throw one of these in here.:deadhorse:

 

Good luck to the Red Phoenix this season!:sssh:

 

 

Only in America, baby!

I don't have a problem with transfers. My point, to bring this wagon train back in a circle, is that Russell has to be a phoenix rising from the ashes, not rebuild. You can defend Dodd until the cows come home with the 3 year plan, blah, blah, but the fact of the matter is he did nothing to develop the kids he had there. You point to Skaggs playing as a 7th grader, and that's fine, but many would argue that the kids who will graduate this year would have benefited from shared time. Quite simply he started 4 seniors on a 3-26 team. Here, you're fond of these so let me throw one of these in here.:deadhorse:

 

Good luck to the Red Phoenix this season!:sssh:

 

 

Only in America, baby!

 

They all shared a lot of time. They just didn't start. They will be a much better team this year simply because Kyle Skaggs already has two years experience as a starter. Before he is done, he will likely be Russell's all-time points leader. I know these kids well, support Coach Kidwell and I hope the Devils catch fire this year, except against the Eagles from Fairview.

I have no problem with kids that transfer to any school. I don't understand why you do.

 

I should hope not since every school you are associated with seems to be living off of transfers.

 

The point is that just like at Boyd you eventually pay the price when you build with transfer after transfer. Dodd did it and you just don't want to accept it.

Figure out how to use the quote feature without screwing it up, and then start a new thread. This one is too confusing to read.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.