Sheldon Clark 6 Breathitt County 0

This can not be true? The Breathitt Co. team I seen last season would have Fugate with 5 out of the first 6 or 7 touches.:confused:

The thing is Breathitt didn't have many touches as a team. Only 3 plays and a punt in the 1st quarter. The TOP was overwhelming in SC's favor.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central is definately a top team, but you have to consider, they graduated a lot of kids from last year and the Bobcats returned a lot of players. I would most definately have them projected as the pre-season #1. It doesn't really matter though, championships are not won in the pre-season.

I felt like a lot of people (probably not SC fans), but elsewhere, a lot of people were significantly underestimating their team and giving Breathitt too much credit.

Breathitt County has a very good team and they have a chance to return to the state finals, but they're not a lock and they never were. They're vulnerable to big, strong running teams that can control clock...and that's what SC did. Just like Johnson Central last year...

You keep that offense off the field, limit their possessions and frustrate them. That's what they did.

A few thoughts...

-Breathitt hurt themselves with some costly offside penalties that sustained SC's opening drive. We didn't know just how costly until the game was over. It may have head to OT at 0-0 otherwise. This sounded like a good game between two closely matched opponents.

-SC did a great job of controlling the ball, and then stopping BC quickly...never allowing them to get into a groove offensively.

-Breathitt County really hurt themselves last night...the previously mentioned offside penalties, they blew a 1st and Goal at the 2 at the end of the first half by getting some sort of penatly on second down, then fumbling a snap. Also, several dropped passes by the WR's. As I've said before, the passing game has to step up and play with consistency. It'll be tough to return to state otherwise.

-I'm surprised, like most others, at the final score, and not so much that Sheldon Clark won.

-I was pleased that the Bobcat defense held them in the game by not allowing another score. They still have room to improve for sure, but they did some good things, IMO.

-Depending on how they respond, this loss may be a good thing for the Bobcats. But, I believe they were getting a little overhyped for this point in time and were starting to listen to it...now they know the first 14 games aren't a formality like some were making it sound. They're good enough to get back to the finals, but they aren't the only team in the east that is...it's going to be a competitive bracket...Breathitt, Mason, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, etc...

Time for more people outside of Inez to take notice...congratulations to the Cardinals. Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully we'll meet again.

Would anyone have picked Sheldon Clark in this game besides Sheldon Clark fans? Probably not. How many yards did Fugate have? People were listing his stats last week and talking about his chance to get a ridiculous amount of yards and TD's this year and become the state's all-time leading rusher. I guess Sheldon Clark put an end to that talk.

Wait one second the season is not over with yet, all teams have room to inprove so let's look at it and say a lose is lose and move on. Fugate has got the rest of the season to make up the numbers and Breathitt Co. will come back stronger then ever I promise you that.

Big time defensive struggle after Sheldon Clark punched in the initial score. Breathitt Co. had a try 1st and goal at the 2, but a penalty took them out of the scoring chance.

Beautiful ball-hogging for the Cardinals. Breathitt Co.'s TOP was limited in the extreme.

The thing is Breathitt didn't have many touches as a team. Only 3 plays and a punt in the 1st quarter. The TOP was overwhelming in SC's favor.

Sounds a lot like the SC Leslie County game 4 years ago.

SC had a 9 minute drive in the 3rd quarter ;)

I felt like a lot of people (probably not SC fans), but elsewhere, a lot of people were significantly underestimating their team and giving Breathitt too much credit.

Breathitt County has a very good team and they have a chance to return to the state finals, but they're not a lock and they never were. They're vulnerable to big, strong running teams that can control clock...and that's what SC did. Just like Johnson Central last year...

You keep that offense off the field, limit their possessions and frustrate them. That's what they did.

A few thoughts...

-Breathitt hurt themselves with some costly offside penalties that sustained SC's opening drive. We didn't know just how costly until the game was over. It may have head to OT at 0-0 otherwise. This sounded like a good game between two closely matched opponents.

-SC did a great job of controlling the ball, and then stopping BC quickly...never allowing them to get into a groove offensively.

-Breathitt County really hurt themselves last night...the previously mentioned offside penalties, they blew a 1st and Goal at the 2 at the end of the first half by getting some sort of penatly on second down, then fumbling a snap. Also, several dropped passes by the WR's. As I've said before, the passing game has to step up and play with consistency. It'll be tough to return to state otherwise.

-I'm surprised, like most others, at the final score, and not so much that Sheldon Clark won.

-I was pleased that the Bobcat defense held them in the game by not allowing another score. They still have room to improve for sure, but they did some good things, IMO.

-Depending on how they respond, this loss may be a good thing for the Bobcats. But, I believe they were getting a little overhyped for this point in time and were starting to listen to it...now they know the first 14 games aren't a formality like some were making it sound. They're good enough to get back to the finals, but they aren't the only team in the east that is...it's going to be a competitive bracket...Breathitt, Mason, Sheldon Clark, Belfry, etc...

Time for more people outside of Inez to take notice...congratulations to the Cardinals. Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully we'll meet again.

Beautiful post :thumb:

I agree. I was thinking the same thing. It's not like he didn't have enough against him already. (Eastern KY Mountain team and going to UT) I still hope he wins it.

It didn't do him in yet...

Simpson didn't play today after hurting his ankle.

It didn't do him in yet...

Simpson didn't play today after hurting his ankle.

Yeah. It's way too early in the season to say one bad game ends anyone's chances. This reminds me of the hysteria around college football with the BCS and the heisman. They'll start eliminating teams and players two weeks in and then those same guys or teams may end up on top at the end.

I think Fugate may have had an interception in this game. At least there was that...:D