Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 22 Christian County 3

Featured Replies

Final from the Rafferty's Bowl at WKU

Congratulations Purples!! I'm sure that Mr. & Mrs. PurpleHaze are "Twisting the Night Away" :clap:

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Congratulations Purples!! I'm sure that Mr. & Mrs. PurpleHaze are "Twisting the Night Away" :clap:

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

 

You're sooooo perceptive, o wise friend of ours!! Both teams displayed such tenacious defense, and I came away with a keen respect for the Colonel defense because BGHS won the battle of field position big time.

 

Just off the top of my head, SR K/P/WR Zack Williams tied a bowl record for FGs (two) and set another for FGs attempted (four), one of which was a 51 yd attempt. The Purples managed to return an interception for a TD and they scored the first safety in the bowl series history when the Colonels muffed a KO return and got caught in the end zone. I wasn't happy with BGHS's offensive execution, but the ugly wins, especially the ones with very highly regarded opponents, count as Ws as well! Christian Co deserved all of the preseason accolades they got. I'd almost pay good money to see the impending war with Owensboro! I'll post the scoring rundown later. But for now, I will savor this BIG win and be looking forward to the battle Friday night against Owensboro Catholic!

 

:D

Looks like a big win for the Purples. I kept up with it in the first half. Looks like BG woke up in the second.

With 1:10 left in the first qtr, Zack Williams hit a 22-yd FG to put the Purples on top 3-0.

 

With only 16 seconds left in the first half, Christian Co's Josh Knight connected on a 30-yd FG to tie the game at 3-3 at halftime.

 

The Purples finally opened it up and took the lead for good in the third qtr. Williams tied former Purple K Joe Davis' record for most FGs hit in the bowl series with a 30-yd effort at 9:01. Ironically, Davis originally set the record in 1999...against Christian Co! Just seven seconds later, the first safety in the bowl's history came when K.J. Cofer caught the return man in the end zone after he fumbled. That put the Purples up 8-3. Jake Hodges scored the only offensive TD on the night on a 19-yd strike from SO QB Scooter Hollis. Williams hit the PAT, and the Purples were up comfortably 15-3 with 4:46 left in the third qtr.

 

The final score of the game came courtesy of Cofer again, as he set sail on a pilfered Colonel pass 76 yards for the score with 11:41 left in the game. Williams hit the PAT, and the Purples won 22-3.

 

Williams also set a new bowl record with four FG attempts, one of which was a 51-yd attempt.

 

BGHS will travel to KWC Friday when they take on host Owensboro Catholic in the Indepence Bank Border Bowl.

 

:D

Does Christian County have any other qb's if McDuffen isn't effective.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Bowling Green has won 6 straight versus Christian County, and have not lost to the Colonels since 1982. Bowling Green leads the series 16-6, and only once has Christian County won away from home (1977).

 

Bowling Green has a similar successful record against their next opponent Owensboro Catholic. BG leads that series 19-8, having won the last 8. The last time Owensboro Catholic won was also in 1982, their only victory in the last 16 games, dating back to 1961. The two teams have not met since 1990.

Bowling Green has won 6 straight versus Christian County, and have not lost to the Colonels since 1982. Bowling Green leads the series 16-6, and only once has Christian County won away from home (1977).

 

Bowling Green has a similar successful record against their next opponent Owensboro Catholic. BG leads that series 19-8, having won the last 8. The last time Owensboro Catholic won was also in 1982, their only victory in the last 16 games, dating back to 1961. The two teams have not met since 1990.

 

Until about the last dozen years or so, Owensboro Catholic was normally pretty horrible at football. They have a much better program nowadays, but that being said I don't look for them to snap the losing streak next week. I wasn't at the game, but considering that McLean Co. scored 41 against them, I'd bet Bowling Green could hang 80 on the board if they wanted to.

Hey PH you guys making the trip up to the border bowl? If not I guess I will just have to wait and see you at the Don in a few weeks for the rivalry renewal of regular season play between the Purples and the Devils.

 

I won't give you too much insight but after seeing them the last 2 weeks I think this team is better than the ones that beat the Purples last year in he playoffs. I do not know what they did in the off season but they sure are fun to watch.

 

On another note met a couple of the purples when my son and I went to WKU for their JR day very nice guys and they were very complimenting of my son and the other Devils that were with us. Total class just like you guys. You can tell Mr Wallace I said that too.

 

I am also going to go out on a limb here and say the Purples will win in the border bowl by name the score 30 or 40. I am going on that Catholic played Mclean Co and had to come from behind to win 42-41 and Owensboro scrimmaged Mclean the week before and MC did not get a first down and Owensboro had 11 scores I think that is what coach said we left at the start of the 4th. So if BG is like they have been the last 4 years they will be too much for the Aces.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.