Whitley County/Lexington Catholic Predictions

If we're going to talk about last year, then the only two teams on their schedule comparable to Lexington Catholic was Bell County and Highlands. Whitley lost to Bell 38-8, and to Highlands 42-16.

I know that was last year. And I know Whitley County should have a nice team. But Lexington Catholic is very strong. Whitley County can't prepare for the type of speed they'll face; that's not a knock, that's the truth. Could Whitley pull an upset? I guess. But I think this one should play out very similar to those Bell and Highlands games from last year.

Last year, at this point is all anyone has to go on. I disagree that LC is comparable to BC and Highlands...the won state titiles, LC did not. The only losses WC had were to two state champions, and had you watched the games they were much closer than the score indicated. Turnovers were the bugaboo in both those games, and if Whitley can limit turnover Friday then they will have a chance.

Of course Whitley might decide not to show up since they obviously have no chance at all.:isurrender:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Catholic standards, they were a little down last year. If they are back to normal this year it will be a 10+ point win for LexCath. If they have not improved very much it will be a nice game with Whitley pulling it out.

I thought they were down a lot last year. They went from giving an undefeated Highlands team a real close game in 07, to being blown out by Highlands in 08 (and the 08 Highlands team wasn't as strong as the 07 team in some people's opinion). Unless LexCath has improved a lot from last year, I'm going with Whitley in this game. Only reservation is that the game is at LexCath. Whitley fans, watch the Letton boy who plays linebacker. He impressed me a lot last year as a sophomore. I think he's going to be really, really good this year.

By Catholic standards, they were a little down last year. If they are back to normal this year it will be a 10+ point win for LexCath. If they have not improved very much it will be a nice game with Whitley pulling it out.

They are not much better if any. Lost a good group of Seniors on defense, recievers and O-line.

They are not much better if any. Lost a good group of Seniors on defense, recievers and O-line.

They held Southwestern to only 1 Offensive TD in 3 quarters in the 1st scrimmage. I think there D will be better this year.

Of course Whitley might decide not to show up since they obviously have no chance at all.:isurrender:

Come on, WC. Just because someone picks against a team doesn't mean they shouldn't show up. It's a prediction thread. I'd love to see Whitley win. I just don't think it will happen, because Catholic will be too quick.

With that being said, if Whitley does get the win, the probably will find themselves in the top 5 of Class 5A.

Well said gchs_uk9. I believe WCFan is just playing the underdog roll. After the year Whitley had last year they will not be sneaking up on anyone. All I know is I will be in the stands cheering on my Colonels.:popcorn:

You are right, about sneaking up on teams, last year coming off a 2-9 season they could this year they can't. I was being just a bit sarcastic about not showing up.

Regardless of the outcome it is going to be a heck of a game. I think it is one that fans and pundits from around the state will be watching.