Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best QB in the AFC North.

Featured Replies

Nope.

 

How bout, if Kimo doesn't cheap shot Carson, then CP is heads and shoulders better than Ben?? Just a guess:lol:

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How bout, if Kimo doesn't cheap shot Carson, then CP is heads and shoulders better than Ben?? Just a guess:lol:

 

So that isn't true? :idunno:

 

It does appear that play was either a downfall for Carson or at the least it has been a stumbling block.

I don't know the mystery phrase, but let me tell you why I'd take Ben over Carson. One reason...his ability in crunch time to orchestrate game winning drives.

 

If I had to have a guy for 50-55 minutes, I would take Carson. I think he's a better passer. But, in today's NFL, the teams are often closely matched and you have to have a guy who can make winning plays at the ends of games. To date, Ben has proven himself in that regard and Carson hasn't.

 

It's the same reason I've always rated Tom Brady as the #1 QB, ahead of Peyton Manning. I think he's better when it matters the most.

So that isn't true? :idunno:

 

It does appear that play was either a downfall for Carson or at the least it has been a stumbling block.

 

Didn't say it didn't hinder his career.

Didn't say it didn't hinder his career.

 

I think it was clear that pre-injury he was on the fast track to super-stardom. I admit I could be a homer here, but that is how I saw it.

I think it was clear that pre-injury he was on the fast track to super-stardom. I admit I could be a homer here, but that is how I saw it.

 

I think the injury certainly de-railed him to some extent. However, I think the overall state of affairs in Cincinnati has played a bigger role...the offensive line fell apart, the defense has never improved, Chad Johnson went nuts for a while...everything just fell apart around him. But, when healthy, he still puts up good numbers...and great numbers when he has some real help.

 

I think Carson will still be a top notch QB in the league if the Bengals can get the pieces around him.

How bout, if Kimo doesn't cheap shot Carson, then CP is heads and shoulders better than Ben?? Just a guess:lol:

 

You're in the neighborhood.

 

However, the hit on CP was still an accident and nowhere near as vicious as Geathers' brain-rattling of Trent Green. That, my friend, was the definition of a cheap shot.

 

So that isn't true? :idunno:

 

It does appear that play was either a downfall for Carson or at the least it has been a stumbling block.

 

Didn't say it didn't hinder his career.

 

I think it was clear that pre-injury he was on the fast track to super-stardom. I admit I could be a homer here, but that is how I saw it.

 

I think Palmer was well on his way to being one of the best in the league. But the fact of who he plays for would still have been his biggest obstacle. Unless you guys found a way to depose Mike Brown.

I think Palmer was well on his way to being one of the best in the league. But the fact of who he plays for would still have been his biggest obstacle. Unless you guys found a way to depose Mike Brown.

 

Nothing you wrote here I disagree with. It did seem however that pre-injury the Bengals were making strides in the franchise, as winning does seem to cure most all-ills.

I think the injury certainly de-railed him to some extent. However, I think the overall state of affairs in Cincinnati has played a bigger role...the offensive line fell apart, the defense has never improved, Chad Johnson went nuts for a while...everything just fell apart around him. But, when healthy, he still puts up good numbers...and great numbers when he has some real help.

 

I think Carson will still be a top notch QB in the league if the Bengals can get the pieces around him.

 

I agree in part. As to your last statement, his extreme lack of mobility will be hard to overcome, even on a good team. That's where Ben had and has it over him. His knack of escape in a collapsing pocket and making plays is his forte. I don't think CP ever had that ability.

Nothing you wrote here I disagree with. It did seem however that pre-injury the Bengals were making strides in the franchise, as winning does seem to cure most all-ills.

 

Winning does not cure Mike Brown, that most devastating of diseases.

Winning does not cure Mike Brown, that most devastating of diseases.

 

Looking at your avatar gives me a headache..:taz:

Looking at your avatar gives me a headache..:taz:

Well, here, stare at mine.:banana:

Ben has 2 Super Bowl rings so that is pretty tough to argue. If I were building my franchise with all things being equal I'd rather have Carson but Ben has definatly improved and is worthy of the praise right now IMO. I'm interested to see how Nate Washington being gone effects Pitt's pass offense. He really did a nice job stretching the field IMO.

Well, here, stare at mine.:banana:

 

:isurrender:

C'mon guys. You know you're dying to use the phrase. Just come out with it already, and stop dancing around it. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.