July 17, 200917 yr I'd take Maluga on the tough team for the Bengals and Chad Johnson that dude is so tough! If I remember right, this was voted on by the players IN THE DIVISION and they don't think Ocho is tough at all.
July 17, 200917 yr I agree in part. As to your last statement, his extreme lack of mobility will be hard to overcome, even on a good team. That's where Ben had and has it over him. His knack of escape in a collapsing pocket and making plays is his forte. I don't think CP ever had that ability. It's all about the Bengals giving him a solid line to play behind...the rest comes down to playing the position, reading defenses, getting the ball out, moving a step or two to buy that extra second, etc. Brady and Manning aren't mobile like Ben but they're better. If you construct a team the right way, mobility at the QB position isn't a necessity, and it can sometimes hinder the development of a player at that position, IMO. NFL offenses are typically at their best when the QB hangs in the pocket and distributes the ball in the flow of the offense...mobile QB's sometimes tend to cut and run before giving the play time to develop. Roethlisberger's athleticism and mobility is certainly an advantage over Palmer's, but not the reason he's better, IMO. In an ideal situation, Palmer doesn't need it because he'll stand in the pocket and deliver the football where it needs to be. Roethlisberger just has that knack for making plays late in games...not everyone has it.
July 17, 200917 yr It's Big Ben and the rest aren't even close. I think that Big Ben would still have been better than Carson without the injury. :thumb: I agree 110%. Big Ben is an amazing QB and probably one of the toughest QB in the league also.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.