Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yet another cell phone thread

Featured Replies

I've read the others, but I still need help. I'm hoping that the BGP cell phone savvy readers can offer advice. Here is my situation.

 

I'm at my two year upgrade point. My razr (which I LOVED!) is starting to lose battery strength and the signal is always weak. I loved the Razr because it was small and thin, pink (lol), and durable for my use.

 

I had decided to go with the Blackberry Curve, but got turned off by the $30/month additional fee. I really don't think that I need internet access via cellphone, though I am sure that I would like it if I had it. I recently just bought a new car and need to funnel any possible funds toward that, so having the extra luxury of 24/7 internet access doesn't seem practical.

 

I am interested in a full qwerty keyboard and like phones that are less likely to call others when in my pocket. The phone also needs to be compatible (bluetooth accessible) to my SYNC technology in my new car.

 

All that being said, I am leaning toward a Samsung Propel. What do you think?

 

Also, am I going to regret not getting the Curve? At the moment I can get either phone for free with my 2 year contract, but that, of course, will change as soon as I buy one of the two (or another one that someone might recommend).

I've read the others, but I still need help. I'm hoping that the BGP cell phone savvy readers can offer advice. Here is my situation.

 

I'm at my two year upgrade point. My razr (which I LOVED!) is starting to lose battery strength and the signal is always weak. I loved the Razr because it was small and thin, pink (lol), and durable for my use.

 

I had decided to go with the Blackberry Curve, but got turned off by the $30/month additional fee. I really don't think that I need internet access via cellphone, though I am sure that I would like it if I had it. I recently just bought a new car and need to funnel any possible funds toward that, so having the extra luxury of 24/7 internet access doesn't seem practical.

 

I am interested in a full qwerty keyboard and like phones that are less likely to call others when in my pocket. The phone also needs to be compatible (bluetooth accessible) to my SYNC technology in my new car.

 

All that being said, I am leaning toward a Samsung Propel. What do you think?

 

Also, am I going to regret not getting the Curve? At the moment I can get either phone for free with my 2 year contract, but that, of course, will change as soon as I buy one of the two (or another one that someone might recommend).

 

Are you with Verizon? Your choices sound similar to the ones I considered when my son and I were upgrading our phones.

 

I had a Razr prior, and loved it. After considering the Blackberries, we were both turned off by the extra charges. We both wound up choosing the Dare and we both LOVE them.

 

We both have multiple e-mail accounts set up on ours, can browse the internet and download music. My son uses his as an MP 3 player. I love the camera and video features. IMO, for the money, the Dare is the BOMB! I can do everything I ever wanted on it, and more!

Why not the LG Xenon? Touchscreen and slides out to a full qwerty keyboard. I heard it's really good.

I forgot to mention, the Dare is touch screen, and you just turn it sideways to activate the Qwerty screen.

In short, yes, you will regret not getting the Curve. Best phone I've ever used, and I wouldn't trade it for anything (well maybe the iphone).

 

The data package is more than worth it if you are frequently away from a computer. Just think of all the "on the go" P&R debates you could have from the comfort of your blackberry. :D

The extra 30 bucks is MORE than worth it for the Iphone.

  • Author
In short, yes, you will regret not getting the Curve. Best phone I've ever used, and I wouldn't trade it for anything (well maybe the iphone).

 

The data package is more than worth it if you are frequently away from a computer. Just think of all the "on the go" P&R debates you could have from the comfort of your blackberry. :D

 

Oh, I probably make too many posts in P&R as it is. :lol:

 

I just don't know if I NEED internet service 24/7. The $30 a month could certainly be used in other ways.

 

I think the only time that I would really like to have it would be while attending sporting events.

 

Besides internet, why else might I regret not getting a curve, as opposed to one of the phones mentioned above?

It's always tough to decide a new cellphone. The iPhone is way worth the extra cash a month. However if the money isn't avaliable I understand that as well. If I couldn't have my iPhone, I believe i would choose the samsung impression or eternity. I really like those phones as well. Bluetooth/mp3 and video capable. However you might have to have the data package for these phone as well I'm not sure. The LG series is nice too. The dare, vu, and xenon are all nice phones! I would suggest going to the local AT&T store, and playing around with all of them until you find one that suits you best.

Oh, I probably make too many posts in P&R as it is. :lol:

 

I just don't know if I NEED internet service 24/7. The $30 a month could certainly be used in other ways.

 

I think the only time that I would really like to have it would be while attending sporting events.

 

Besides internet, why else might I regret not getting a curve, as opposed to one of the phones mentioned above?

 

It's super easy to use, it has the full keyboard, it locks so you don't have to worry about accidentially calling people when it's in your pocket, and it's just really reliable.

It's super easy to use, it has the full keyboard, it locks so you don't have to worry about accidentially calling people when it's in your pocket, and it's just really reliable.

 

 

Those are all things I considered when choosing. My son was set to get the Storm, and I was going to get a Curve. However, in the end, the Dare has the same things, and we saved the extra $30/ea per month. We both have unlimited internet, texting, pic messaging, calls and e-mails for just over $100/month (together, not separately.) If BGP had a mobile application, I wouldn't have even thought twice about the Blackberry. :D

I would do the new iPhone, I couldn't imagine any phone being comparable to it. It's crazy how much stuff can be done with those phones.

True Blue this is what I have done, and I believe that I made the right decision for me. My 2 years was up and my black razor stopped working. Instead of getting a new phone and signing a new 2 year contract, I bought the same Black RAZOR in a "Go" phone at Wal-Mart for around $90.00 and placed my sim card in it. I have a new phone and I am no longer under any contract to do what I please in the future, while at the same time getting a new phone.

True Blue this is what I have done, and I believe that I made the right decision for me. My 2 years was up and my black razor stopped working. Instead of getting a new phone and signing a new 2 year contract, I bought the same Black RAZOR in a "Go" phone at Wal-Mart for around $90.00 and placed my sim card in it. I have a new phone and I am no longer under any contract to do what I please in the future, while at the same time getting a new phone.

 

Exactly what I done, Just have my sim card ( still under contract ) In it...Works great

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.