Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pete Prisco's Top 50 NFL Players

Featured Replies

I'm not a Houston Texans fan so I don't watch all of their games, but I'd wager that defenses key on the pass against the Texans, not the run (and especially this past year).

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a Houston Texans fan so I don't watch all of their games, but I'd wager that defenses key on the pass against the Texans, not the run (and especially this past year).

 

Which doesn't mean they don't have an effective running game, because they did.

Which doesn't mean they don't have an effective running game, because they did.

 

:thumb: I edited my original quote to clarify what I was saying.

Brian Westbrook needs to be in that top 50 somewhere, without a doubt.

I think I'd take Fitz too, but he does have Boldin to take a bit of pressure off. I know that they have no running game, but neither does AJ.

 

But his playoff numbers are absurd.

 

 

 

Not sure about Spikes, but I'd say Polamalu deserves to be rated ahead of a lot of the guys ahead of him, and I hate the Steelers.

 

In the 5 games that Boldin missed entirely last season, Fitzgerald had 528 yards and 7 TD on 28 catches. Project that for an entire season...

 

90 Receptions

1690 Yards (18.9 ypc)

22 TD

 

It seems to me that Boldin's presence hurts his stats because it takes looks away. Fitzgerald and Boldin are good enough to thrive without a great threat on the opposite side. The Cardinals ran the ball better down the stretch, which I think helped Fitzgerald more than having Anquan Boldin ever did. And, that's why I think the fact that Steve Slaton rushed for 1282 yards and 9 TD probably helped Andre Johnson as much, if not more.

 

There are more reasons to like Fitzgerald...

 

He's missed 4 games in 5 seasons compared to Johnson who has missed 10 in 6 seasons. Fitzgerald has topped 1400 yards and scored 10+ TD's in 3 of his 5 seasons. Johnson has topped 1200 yards once (1575 last year) and has never scored 10 TD's.

 

I might view it differently if Johnson had completely destroyed Fitzgerald in the stats department last season, but in fact they're pretty much even. All the tiebreakers go to Fitzgerald...healthier, consistently better in the past, gets in the end zone more, and ripped off one of the great playoff performances by a receiver in league history just last season.

You sure can do your homework, 5Wide. Nice work. Like I said, all the more reason to take Larry.

You sure can do your homework, 5Wide. Nice work. Like I said, all the more reason to take Larry.

 

I like numbers. :idunno:

I think Justin Tuck should be higher than #50.

I think I'd take Haynesworth or Ed Reed over Jared Allen and perhaps that CB from the Raiders (although I won't say I'm a big time Raiders follower).

 

Over Nhamdi Asomugha? I don't know he is pretty good and really shines on the Raiders which is hard.

 

AJ is hands down the best in the game IMO.

 

I really want to agree with you. 'Dre is one of my favorite Canes, but I'll take Fitz.

 

The most consistent WR. His play is unmatched!

 

I'll take Fitz, and possibly Moss depending on how healthy Brady is and how old Randy has gotten this offseason.

 

That would be really hard to do...rank the 50 best players in the league, all positions included.

 

I can't knock the list because I can't even think of all the guys who need to be considered.

 

I'd have Brady at the top. I'd have Fitzgerald as the top WR at this point...he and Johnson stack up pretty even if you look at the stats, but Fitzgerald's monster playoff run was too good to ignore.

 

Johnson played 16 games and had 115 catches for 1575 yards (13.7 ypc) and 8 TD.

Fitzgerald also played 16 games and had 96 catches for 1431 yards (14.9 ypc) and 12 TD.

 

However, Fitzgerald's playoff stats are insane for a WR.

 

4 Games

30 Receptions

546 Yards (18.2 ypc)

7 TD

 

If you projected that over a 16 game season...120 catches, 2184 yards, 28 TD. Against playoff competition knowing they have to stop him...Boldin wasn't 100% and missed one of those games, so he wasn't taking the pressure away like he could in normal conditions.

 

Ed Reed would be the first defensive player on my list.

 

Ed Reed was the best defensive player in the league last year.

 

I'll take Fitz, AJ, Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne and Boldin. Probably in that order.

 

:thumb:

Over Nhamdi Asomugha? I don't know he is pretty good and really shines on the Raiders which is hard.

 

 

Ed Reed was the best defensive player in the league last year.

 

How come ya got to tell me I'm wrong and then agree with me in the same post, CATS^3? Can't we just agree for once? :D

How come ya got to tell me I'm wrong and then agree with me in the same post, CATS^3? Can't we just agree for once? :D

 

Sure can. All you have to do is say that LeBron is the best player in the NBA, CP3 is the best PG, Jodie Meeks is overrated, something like that. How about this... can we agree that Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL?:D

Sure can. All you have to do is say that LeBron is the best player in the NBA, CP3 is the best PG, Jodie Meeks is overrated, something like that. How about this... can we agree that Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL?:D

...after Carson Palmer :D

I think Justin Tuck should be higher than #50.

 

I agree, but I think Umenyiora should have made the list as well.

How does Eli not even get considered? Rivers makes it but Eli isn't even considered? Romo is considered but Eli isn't?

I would take Fritz over Johnson.

 

Troy Polamalu should be higher.

 

Merriman is better than Ware.

 

Warner is better than Palmer.

 

I would take Eli over Romo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.