Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Votto: Put me in, Dusty, I'm ready

Featured Replies

Some of you guys make it sound like Ramon Hernandez is an essential in the lineup, even though he hits like the aging catcher he is.

I agree, but the pickings are slim in Cincy.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now way Rosales is better than Hairston

 

 

I think Ramon, Rosales, and Hairston are all terrible hitters. At least Rosales is young enough to improve, so I figure give him a shot. I do think Hairston is the worst of the bunch, and if Rosales/Hernadez isn't a big defensive downgrade from Hairston/Rosales (which it probably is) then I say let Rosales get some experience because he's young enough.

 

I HATE to sound like the notoriously cocky AverageJoesGym, but he's dead on- the Reds aren't making a run this year. May as well let the young guys improve their games to prepare for a serious run in the next few years.

I think Ramon, Rosales, and Hairston are all terrible hitters. At least Rosales is young enough to improve, so I figure give him a shot. I do think Hairston is the worst of the bunch, and if Rosales/Hernadez isn't a big defensive downgrade from Hairston/Rosales (which it probably is) then I say let Rosales get some experience because he's young enough.

 

I HATE to sound like the notoriously cocky AverageJoesGym, but he's dead on- the Reds aren't making a run this year. May as well let the young guys improve their games to prepare for a serious run in the next few years.

 

Rosales has no future as an everyday player in the big leagues. If you want to let the young guys play....call up Juan Francisco or Todd Frazier and see what they can do.

Ramon is a career .280 hitter. Give me a break.

 

What he said

Some of you guys make it sound like Ramon Hernandez is an essential in the lineup, even though he hits like the aging catcher he is.

 

Ramon Hernandez was hitting over .280 before he went into a horrific, 0-for-30 something slump.

 

He's not an all-star, but he gives you professional at bats & is one of the Reds' better options at the dish.

Rosales has no future as an everyday player in the big leagues. If you want to let the young guys play....call up Juan Francisco or Todd Frazier and see what they can do.

 

Rosales has absolutely no business being on a major league roster IMO. The best option this team has right now is Hariston unfortunately.

Ramon is a career .280 hitter. Give me a break.
What he said
Hernandez's career average is .262 at the moment, and he has hit .280 or better exactly once in his career ... and that was four years ago.

 

He is 33 years old and on the downslope of his career. He isn't suddenly going to develop into an offensive force.

Ramon Hernandez was hitting over .280 before he went into a horrific, 0-for-30 something slump.

 

He's not an all-star, but he gives you professional at bats & is one of the Reds' better options at the dish.

You know, those 30-something at-bats count, too.

 

He may give you "professional at-bats," but Hernandez hasn't been a productive hitter since 2006. He isn't the answer at third base, and at this point, he's probably the Reds' second-best catcher.

Rosales has no future as an everyday player in the big leagues. If you want to let the young guys play....call up Juan Francisco or Todd Frazier and see what they can do.
Francisco has a .291 OBP with 11 walks and 63 strikeouts in Double-A in what is supposed to be a hitters' park ... he isn't close to being ready for the majors.

 

Frazier is hitting fairly well at Carolina, but hasn't he been moved to the outfield?

You know, those 30-something at-bats count, too.

 

He may give you "professional at-bats," but Hernandez hasn't been a productive hitter since 2006. He isn't the answer at third base, and at this point, he's probably the Reds' second-best catcher.

 

I would love to see Hanigan get a lot of time behind the dish. He's done a brilliant job, both offensively & defensively this season.

 

Hernandez isn't the answer at 3rd, but he's our best option at this point. Assuming he can make the defensive transition to 3rd, obviously.

Hernandez's career average is .262 at the moment, and he has hit .280 or better exactly once in his career ... and that was four years ago.

 

He is 33 years old and on the downslope of his career. He isn't suddenly going to develop into an offensive force.

 

He's a better option than anyone else in the system at 3B right now...That's all i'm saying

Francisco has a .291 OBP with 11 walks and 63 strikeouts in Double-A in what is supposed to be a hitters' park ... he isn't close to being ready for the majors.

 

Frazier is hitting fairly well at Carolina, but hasn't he been moved to the outfield?

 

Yes, he's playing LF

Trade Hernandez for a SS or 3B while he still has some value left.

I think Ramon, Rosales, and Hairston are all terrible hitters. At least Rosales is young enough to improve, so I figure give him a shot. I do think Hairston is the worst of the bunch, and if Rosales/Hernadez isn't a big defensive downgrade from Hairston/Rosales (which it probably is) then I say let Rosales get some experience because he's young enough.

 

I HATE to sound like the notoriously cocky AverageJoesGym, but he's dead on- the Reds aren't making a run this year. May as well let the young guys improve their games to prepare for a serious run in the next few years.

 

Easy there big guy. I just call them like I see them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.