The start time of USF at WKU

swamprat

Didn't know WKU was hosting a game against a Big East squad. You don't see that happening often.
When USF started their football program in 1997, nobody would schedule a home and home with them. Western stepped up and scheduled them. When WKU went D1A, USF returned the favor.

Swamp, found out it is currently a 6PM CT start. Anything could change because ESPN may pick it up. Also WKU will be wearing their Black Shirts for "Black Out!" I will be making the drive from Tampa to watch my Tops against the Bulls as well!

Swamp, found out it is currently a 6PM CT start. Anything could change because ESPN may pick it up. Also WKU will be wearing their Black Shirts for "Black Out!" I will be making the drive from Tampa to watch my Tops against the Bulls as well!
I checked with my season ticket rep this morning. He said the tickets won't be available until mid July and that I should receive an email when they do. USF is requesting the standard 5000 tickets, but I doubt that many fans will make the trip, so most will be turned back.

Right now it looks like a road trip.

The USF Alumni Association tailgates are OK, we attended them at UofL and UC last year, but I really like doing my own. Since this going to be a weekend trip and not a 2 week vacation, I plan on driving up fully loaded for tailgating. Maybe we'll treat Topper fans to some Tampa flavor. We'll have Tampa style Cuban sandwiches, picadilla, plantains, black beans, yellow rice, and ropa vieja. I'd make Cuban empanadas, but I don't want to break out the turkey frier for that. :D

If we go, OF, you are more than welcome to join us.

I checked with my season ticket rep this morning. He said the tickets won't be available until mid July and that I should receive an email when they do. USF is requesting the standard 5000 tickets, but I doubt that many fans will make the trip, so most will be turned back.

The USF Alumni Association tailgates are OK, we attended them at UofL and UC last year, but I really like doing my own. Since this going to be a weekend trip and not a 2 week vacation, I plan on driving up fully loaded for tailgating. Maybe we'll treat Topper fans to some Tampa flavor. We'll have Tampa style Cuban sandwiches, picadilla, plantains, black beans, yellow rice, and ropa vieja. I'd make Cuban empanadas, but I don't want to break out the turkey frier for that. :D

:laugh: Sounds like a game plan. I am more than likely going to fly and have a buddy who is going to get me some tickets that works in the WKU Athletic Department. I would have to stay, since I moved to Tampa, the Cuban sandwichs are fantastic! I can't to see some Tampa flavor in Bowling Green and I'm sure myself with my fellow WKU Alum will sample the flavor. Just let us know! :thumb:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Posted yesterday....

TAMPA – The BIG EAST Conference announced that the USF football road game at Western Kentucky on Sept. 12 will be broadcast by ESPN Regional and televised locally by Brighthouse Sports Network (channel 47 on Brighthouse cable).

SNY, the cable home of the New York Mets and New York Jets, will also carry the game as an affiliate of ESPN Regional.

Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. Eastern at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium in Bowling Green, Ky.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3755974

Officer Farva's contacts were right on the money. :thumb:

• 1 month later...