Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St.Pat Coach

Featured Replies

Now we all know by Coach Hinson of the boys program is leaving, a gentlemen told me that St.Pat may be losing their girls coach too, anyone have any info on this? Heard she mght be going to Brossart.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we all know by Coach Hinson of the boys program is leaving, a gentlemen told me that St.Pat may be losing their girls coach too, anyone have any info on this? Heard she mght be going to Brossart.

 

Anything is possible, but that would be a surprise to me.

  • Author
Anything is possible, but that would be a surprise to me.

 

A gentleman close to the program that has a daughter playing told me this last night.

I would say they will have several cutbacks.

Unless something has changed in the last couple of weeks, I would say there is no truth to this rumor.

I know little about the situation. But I know for sure that the leading candidate for BB is a man. I don't know his name.

I know little about the situation. But I know for sure that the leading candidate for BB is a man. I don't know his name.

 

Tom Sharp?

St. Pats has a really nice team and young as well. I understand that those kids are very committed and play a really nice summer schedule...?

If Coach Hinson's decision was (at least partly) because of the uncertainty of the school being open in the future, wouldn't it be kind of naive of us to assume that Coach Douglas isn't thinking the same thing?

I can't see her leaving unless the school should close or unless she is told to leave. I would be very suprised if she were to leave voluntarily. And again, as far as the schools cutbacks...coaches are not paid out of the school budget, they are paid through SPAC, which funds all extracurricular activities. It is a totally separate fund.

 

Yes everyone there is concerned about the future of the school, but Elaine Douglas has too good of a thing going with the team she has now to give it up. She has had the girls since they started playing ball. They work hard and they want to win. I can't see her leaving this group of girls like that. She cares too much about them and they love her....it's not anything like Hinson. The bond with this team goes much deeper.

Coach Hinson's decison to leave had nothing to do with any uncertainty about the school. He left because his job was eliminated. Coach Hinson could have remained as coach if there was another position available at the school or if he had a job in the private sector. It had nothing to do with any uncertainty and if you read the comments of some of the writers on this subject on the boysh thread you would know that.

Coach Hinson's decison to leave had nothing to do with any uncertainty about the school. He left because his job was eliminated. Coach Hinson could have remained as coach if there was another position available at the school or if he had a job in the private sector. It had nothing to do with any uncertainty and if you read the comments of some of the writers on this subject on the boysh thread you would know that.

 

Somewhat true, somewhat not. Read your PM.

So is the same thing going on w/girls basketball as the boys program?

  • Author

Does anyone on BGP know for sure?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.