Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's 2009 Recruiting Class and the Dribble-Drive Motion

Featured Replies

:thumb:

 

 

I've been trying to tell people this all along. In no way is Cousins a five, in any system, or on any team.

People listen to me... :lol:

I've heard various things about Cousins, but don't know a thing about him. Give us the scoop.

I've heard various things about Cousins, but don't know a thing about him. Give us the scoop.

Cousins comes to Kentucky as the #2 ranked player in the 2009 class, and for good reason. Most big men come in to college with a high level of skill on the defensive end, but a lot of work to do on offense. Issues like footwork, post moves, passing and expanding a mid range game are almost always a concern. Cousins is one of the few exceptions to the rule.

 

He's a very fluid athlete who is comfortable with his back to the basket, working the high post and even attacking the rim from the wing. He is without a doubt the ideal big man for the DDM offense as he can pull bigger, slower defenders away from the basket or can take a smaller opponent down on the blocks and score with a variety of moves using either hand. Cousins also has a soft touch on his jumper with range out to the three point line, and can use that to blow by a defender once they have to respect his ability from distance.

 

While listed as a C, it would make more sense to see him playing more like a PF if Patrick Patterson returns for his JR season in Coach Calipari's system. Patterson would be the power player working the weak side block with Cousins on the wing or in the high post rotating through the motion based system. His size and skill set bring a very rare blend for a big man in an open and flowing system, and it's the reason why Cousins was intent on playing for Calipari.

 

While the reviews are glowing about his offensive game, there is some work to do on his defense and rebounding. He's more like a wing player in that regard, but given his pure talent level, it shouldn't be an issue as long as he makes improvement in those areas a priority.

 

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2009/04/recruit-spotlight-demarcus-cousins.html

People listen to me... :lol:

 

 

I don't....:sssh:

 

 

 

 

:lol:Joking of course. It's good to have somebody in the industry on this board and congrats on working your way up the ladder GT. You've worked hard and plugged along for a lot of years now and its paying off. You've deserve the right for people to listen.

 

 

Even though I feel I know what I am talking about on about 95% of what I post, others on here may not feel that way being I may come off as over the top or being too much of a straight shooter sometimes. However, I still don't mind being that armchair quarterback, I am a legend in my own mind.:D:lol::cool:

I don't....:sssh:

 

 

 

 

:lol:Joking of course. It's good to have somebody in the industry on this board and congrats on working your way up the ladder GT. You've worked hard and plugged along for a lot of years now and its paying off. You've deserve the right for people to listen.

 

 

Even though I feel I know what I am talking about on about 95% of what I post, others on here may not feel that way being I may come off as over the top or being too much of a straight shooter sometimes. However, I still don't mind being that armchair quarterback, I am a legend in my own mind.:D:lol::cool:

 

You have impressed me I must admit!

[/b]

 

You have impressed me I must admit!

 

Thanks for that. :thumb:

Cousins comes to Kentucky as the #2 ranked player in the 2009 class, and for good reason. Most big men come in to college with a high level of skill on the defensive end, but a lot of work to do on offense. Issues like footwork, post moves, passing and expanding a mid range game are almost always a concern. Cousins is one of the few exceptions to the rule.

 

He's a very fluid athlete who is comfortable with his back to the basket, working the high post and even attacking the rim from the wing. He is without a doubt the ideal big man for the DDM offense as he can pull bigger, slower defenders away from the basket or can take a smaller opponent down on the blocks and score with a variety of moves using either hand. Cousins also has a soft touch on his jumper with range out to the three point line, and can use that to blow by a defender once they have to respect his ability from distance.

 

While listed as a C, it would make more sense to see him playing more like a PF if Patrick Patterson returns for his JR season in Coach Calipari's system. Patterson would be the power player working the weak side block with Cousins on the wing or in the high post rotating through the motion based system. His size and skill set bring a very rare blend for a big man in an open and flowing system, and it's the reason why Cousins was intent on playing for Calipari.

 

While the reviews are glowing about his offensive game, there is some work to do on his defense and rebounding. He's more like a wing player in that regard, but given his pure talent level, it shouldn't be an issue as long as he makes improvement in those areas a priority.

 

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2009/04/recruit-spotlight-demarcus-cousins.html

 

:thumb: I read that before, I was just wondering if you agreed with it. That works for me. Can't wait to watch him next year.

I was just wondering if you agreed with it.

 

I wrote it... :lol:

  • Author
I wrote it... :lol:

 

:laugh:

:thumb: I read that before, I was just wondering if you agreed with it. That works for me. Can't wait to watch him next year.

 

I wrote it... :lol:

 

 

 

:banana: Gua, this could be the sequence of posts of the year. :D

 

 

 

 

And its nothing against you Hoop, you didn't know. But the irony is just classic. Shew that almost made my night.

I wrote it... :lol:

 

Well that makes sense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.