Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 3 Bourbon County 2

Featured Replies

Bourbon Co. maybe beat 4 teams with a winning record.

I was at the game and thought Bourbon Co. didnt take the Eagles serious. Bourbon Co. has a very good team but I dont think they are as good as they think. Their fans were very rud and about got into it with a small kid in the stands. I liked how Scott ran out on the field every inning and Bourbon Co. didnt get excited untill the 7th. I would like to also see Bourbon's Schedule and see how many of those 20+ wins actually had a winning season. If some one knows let me know.:laugh::laugh::clap::clap:

 

Just to let you know the child in the stands was the umpires son. No one got into it with him they simply ask him to refrain from his fowl mouth:ohbrother:

Edited by Ram
Rule 8

The kid from Bourbon was Chris Norman. He was relieved by John Jacoby in the 6th.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I was at the game and thought Bourbon Co. didnt take the Eagles serious. Bourbon Co. has a very good team but I dont think they are as good as they think. Their fans were very rud and about got into it with a small kid in the stands. I liked how Scott ran out on the field every inning and Bourbon Co. didnt get excited untill the 7th. I would like to also see Bourbon's Schedule and see how many of those 20+ wins actually had a winning season. If some one knows let me know.:laugh::laugh::clap::clap:

 

Here's their schedule

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyba09/?id=29003

 

The schedule doesn't show rainouts with teams like Estill CO., and also doesn't show the number of times they tried to reschedule those games, especially the Mont. CO. one. Bourbon County had a great season this year, say what you want about the schedule

, but I sure wish you would check your teams before you talk about others.Great year BO. CO.

The schedule doesn't show rainouts with teams like Estill CO., and also doesn't show the number of times they tried to reschedule those games, especially the Mont. CO. one. Bourbon County had a great season this year, say what you want about the schedule

, but I sure wish you would check your teams before you talk about others.Great year BO. CO.

 

I never said a word about their schedule. Just providing info. that was asked for.

Just heard the story on this game. Sounds like an assistant coach from Bourbon Co. kind of made a scene in this one. It's a real shame that adults (I use that term loosely here) act this way.

Just heard the story on this game. Sounds like an assistant coach from Bourbon Co. kind of made a scene in this one. It's a real shame that adults (I use that term loosely here) act this way.

 

I didn't see this game, but I did witness Bourbon County in another game this spring where I felt players, fans, and coaching staff did not show the greatest of sportsmanship. It was not a pleasant atmosphere for a ball game. One of the reasons I was pulling for Scott County although I had no dog in this fight. Interesting the kind of impression this sort of stuff can leave with folks.

Just heard the story on this game. Sounds like an assistant coach from Bourbon Co. kind of made a scene in this one. It's a real shame that adults (I use that term loosely here) act this way.

 

 

No scene was made !! There was one comment made on a bad call, that was one of many! Nothing rude, personal, or out of line what so ever. The coaches handled themselves professionally which is more than I can say for that umpire who was completely out of line for throwing a coach out for something like that!! Bourbons Athletic Director was in attendance, right beside Bourbons dugout and witnessed No bad conduct on behalf of the coaching staff. My congrats to the bc baseball team on a very good season. Also best of luck to Scott in the remainer of the tourney!

No scene was made !! There was one comment made on a bad call, that was one of many! Nothing rude, personal, or out of line what so ever. The coaches handled themselves professionally which is more than I can say for that umpire who was completely out of line for throwing a coach out for something like that!! Bourbons Athletic Director was in attendance, right beside Bourbons dugout and witnessed No bad conduct on behalf of the coaching staff. My congrats to the bc baseball team on a very good season. Also best of luck to Scott in the remainer of the tourney!

 

Really? Kind of tough to "act professionally" and get thrown out. I don't care how bad the call was an assistant coach has NO BUSINESS arguing calls in the first place!

No scene was made !! There was one comment made on a bad call, that was one of many! Nothing rude, personal, or out of line what so ever. The coaches handled themselves professionally which is more than I can say for that umpire who was completely out of line for throwing a coach out for something like that!! Bourbons Athletic Director was in attendance, right beside Bourbons dugout and witnessed No bad conduct on behalf of the coaching staff. My congrats to the bc baseball team on a very good season. Also best of luck to Scott in the remainer of the tourney!

 

All the asst coach said was "He should have been already in the dugout". I believe the kid who cussed several of Bourbon fans was the umpires son. With the language this kid was using he should have sent his kid to the car:irked:

All the asst coach said was "He should have been already in the dugout". I believe the kid who cussed several of Bourbon fans was the umpires son. With the language this kid was using he should have sent his kid to the car:irked:

 

I agree with what the Coach said in the direction of the umpire. Maybe some rabbit ears? I don't know, hard to call from the stands. I thought they had a legit complaint.

 

I also saw the umpires son get yelled at for using language not appropriate for 13/14 yr olds to use at adults. Kinda nice to see him put in his place.

Really? Kind of tough to "act professionally" and get thrown out. I don't care how bad the call was an assistant coach has NO BUSINESS arguing calls in the first place!

 

I disagree. IMO any coach has a right to question and argue an umpires call. If the 1st base coach is the assistant and a runner gets picked off at first he has a much better view than the head coach who most likely is at 3rd base. If you are a coach and a good coach, you have the right and the responsibility to stand up for your players. Many umpires these days who get paid good money are far too sensitive or are on a power trip of some sort. As long as the coach does not cuss or get personal then the umpire should be man enough to listen. Once he has given the coach his time, then he should say enough is enough I have heard you out I disagree and any more about this call and you are done. If the coach continues, then toss him, but don't get trigger happy on the first comment.

All the asst coach said was "He should have been already in the dugout". I believe the kid who cussed several of Bourbon fans was the umpires son. With the language this kid was using he should have sent his kid to the car:irked:

 

I believe that the above language should have read "He should have already been in the dugout". That statement, my friends, is a very public and direct way of arguing balls and strikes. Any coach that knows the game should know that he was stepping off a cliff with a "public" statement like that...:ohbrother: On the information supplied by this post and the previous posters, he needed to go and the umpire accommodated him...:clap:

The coach definetly knows the game of baseball, he played for a good college program and actually was an assistant coach at the college level last year. I think you might want to question the umpires knowledge of the game; the first pitch of the game was a curve ball that bounced in front of the plate and was called a strike. Also i dont think it is wise for an umpire to bring his 13 yr old son to the game and have him sit in the stands where he will have to listen to people question his fathers calls. This umpire usually does a great job behind the plate, but he was looking in the stands after every pitch to check on his child. I couldnt bring my child to work and be productive. Bottom line....the umpire was not focused on the game and it showed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.