Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Cardinals 2009-10 Outlook (Civil, Constructive Discussion Only)

Featured Replies

Why didn't Delk get much time last year? I realize he had others playing in front of him, but if I remember correctly he was only averaging 4 or 5 minutes a game. And this was a guy that was one of Mississippi State's better players before he transferred.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can picture both teams (UK and UofL)in the top 10 next year, especially with the Big East being down somewhat next season. Happy days are here again, in the BLUEgrass state!

I can picture both teams (UK and UofL)in the top 10 next year, especially with the Big East being down somewhat next season. Happy days are here again, in the BLUEgrass state!

 

I was having this discussion with a buddy of mine yesterday. With UK back on the rise, the Bluegrass State will again be a powerhouse for College Basketball. :thumb:

I can picture both teams (UK and UofL)in the top 10 next year, especially with the Big East being down somewhat next season. Happy days are here again, in the BLUEgrass state!

 

I don't think UL has enough scoring to be a Top 10 team. I think 15-20 range is about right.

I don't think UL has enough scoring to be a Top 10 team. I think 15-20 range is about right.

 

I agree, for now. I think the potential is there, but I look for them to be in that 15-20 range also.

As a disclaimer I didn't read through this thread.

 

Sosa / Siva: Edgar will be the clear cut starter as the season begins. I believe we will see a new Sosa this year now that he is the clear leader and has been named as one of the captains along side Smith. On top of that I think Siva will motivate him to play to the best of his ability. With that said, I believe Siva has more raw talent than Sosa which could come in to play late in the season as Siva progresses.

 

Smith / Knowles: This is a deadly combination people. I could even see both of them playing at the same time during brief moments of the season with both Sosa and Siva on the bench. This will be one of the better backcourts in the nation as well as deep because both Delk and Kuric can fill in at SG if needed.

 

Delk / Swopshire: I really don't know what is going to happen with Delk this year. I expect him to get ample playing time based on his shooting ability as well as length but he needs to build his confidence. He seemed very tentative in his first year under Pitino which really held him back but I believe that will change this year. Swop will return to his natural position of SF and I believe he will split minutes evenly at this position. He can score extremely well but he needs to improve his defense and put on a few pounds of muscle.

 

Samuels / Buckles: Samuels will also move to his natural position at PF which I think will do tremendous things for his offensive game. He really can put it on the floor when he wants to and this year he will get that chance much more often when Jennings is running the high post. Buckles looks like he has the ability to make an impact as a freshman and I think he can do so both at SF as well as PF. But until we see it happen that is a whole 'nother story.

 

Jennings / Goode: Jennings is going to be an absolute beast this year. He will increase his minutes drastically with Samuels at the 4 spot and he will be a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end. Goode will be as well. I believe Goode is the most underrated player on the team. He has an excellent defensive presence and an offensive game that he was unable to show off last year.

 

Kuric / Marra / Van Treese: I'm not exactly sure how Kuric will fit in but he's too good of a shooter and too athletic for him not to get playing time. The non-conference schedule will work out the playing time between Delk/Swop/ Kuric for when the Big East play starts. I think Marra and Van Treese have the ability to be great 4 year players but UofL simply doesn't have the minutes for them this year once conference play starts.

 

Overall I firmly believe this is a top 10-15 team. I understand completely that they will have to work their way back up the rankings after losing 3 starters and 2 1st round draft picks in McGee, Clark and T-Will. Although I do not think that they will be as explosive as last year on offense I think this years team will be more balanced. They won't be able to play from behind like last years team did so often but I think this team can build a lead much quicker and then sustain it for the remainder of the game using their depth at each position.

 

I have more to say but I can feel the carpal tunnel setting in...

It will be pretty interesting to see how UofL will show out with no leader.:popcorn:

It will be pretty interesting to see how UofL will show out with no leader.:popcorn:

I'm not too worried about that, a leader or two will definitely shine through this season

It will be pretty interesting to see how UofL will show out with no leader.:popcorn:

People said they had no real leader last year too... They did alright. :deadhorse:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.