Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region

Featured Replies

It's definitely much tougher for private school's to afford things like lights when they have to pretty much find a donation or fund it themselves. St. Henry is very lucky to have the field that they have. Scott and Campbell Co. do, but they are 10th region. I don't know why teams like Ryle, Conner, and Boone don't have lighting.

 

Boone used to have lights. However, I was told they had to get rid of them due to the girls' softball field not having lights. Not sure if that's true or not.

 

Its tough to justify putting lights up.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the KHSAA web site I looked at the 36th district play only and found:

 

Bellevue beat NewCath by a score of 7-6 in the first round of the 36th District tournament in 2001.

 

In this years match up, I don't think the Bellevue hitters will be able to hit Conner except for Jones, and if I were the NCC coaches anytime Jones came to the plate whether runners were on or not, I would just point to first base and issue Jones a IW.

 

I don't think that Connor would purposley put Jones on. If I remember in last years regional finals he wouldn't walk Mailie! Connor a competitive spirit and appears to be able to out smart most hitters. Interesting match up indeed but I'll take Connor. The Breds have been hitting the heck out of the ball as well the 2 Kelly's have been quit distructive at the plate as of late!

Boone used to have lights. However, I was told they had to get rid of them due to the girls' softball field not having lights. Not sure if that's true or not.

 

Its tough to justify putting lights up.

 

It's true. Boone was one of the first, if not the first, NKY field to have lights. But, the lights were turned off due to a Title IX issue.

Conner

Ryle

Dixie

St. Henry

Cov Cath

Holy Cross

Highlands

Bellevue

Not sure Connor gets to make that decision. Obviously if he does he will not walk him.

I don't think that Connor would purposley put Jones on. If I remember in last years regional finals he wouldn't walk Mailie! Connor a competitive spirit and appears to be able to out smart most hitters. Interesting match up indeed but I'll take Connor. The Breds have been hitting the heck out of the ball as well the 2 Kelly's have been quit distructive at the plate as of late!

 

I would hope if the coach said walk him he would. He seems like a smart good kid and I'm sure he would do the best thing for the team.

I don't think that Connor would purposley put Jones on. If I remember in last years regional finals he wouldn't walk Mailie! Connor a competitive spirit and appears to be able to out smart most hitters. Interesting match up indeed but I'll take Connor. The Breds have been hitting the heck out of the ball as well the 2 Kelly's have been quit distructive at the plate as of late!

 

With all due respect to Connor it's not like he shut the Tigers down the first game. The five errors the Tigers had in the field is what beat them. At the plate from what I can remember Bellevue hit the ball hard, but it was one of those games every ball was hit right at someone. Should be a better game this time around.

Boone

Conner

Dixie

Ludlow

Cov Cath

Holy Cross

NCC

Highlands

So with today's victory in the 35th District, CovCath becomes the first time to claim a spot in the Ninth Region Tournament at Champion Window Field on Monday May 25th.

Anybody know who won the St. Henry game last night? There was nothing in the paper, nor on the KHSAA web site.

There was a write up in the paper online. St. Henry won in 5 innings, 11-1.

So now we have the following teams advancing to the Ninth Region at Champion Window Field on Memorial Day Monday May 25th. Congrats to them all.

 

CovCath, Beechwood, Highlands, St. Henry, Dixie, Conner

 

The final two spots will come from the Newport Central Catholic vs. Newport and the Ryle vs. Boone County games.

So now we have the following teams advancing to the Ninth Region at Champion Window Field on Memorial Day Monday May 25th. Congrats to them all.

 

CovCath, Beechwood, Highlands, St. Henry, Dixie, Conner

 

The final two spots will come from the Newport Central Catholic vs. Newport and the Ryle vs. Boone County games.

 

Sounds like a competitive tournament so far. :thumb:

Now do you believe that Theoldguy understands High School baseball in the ninth region. :clap::ohbrother::idunno::lol:

 

With Ryle and NCC wining today Theoldguy goes 8/8 in his picks on who would win their way into the Ninth Region Tournament.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.