May 13, 200917 yr I'm so nervous, they have until 10pm CT to accept it:scared: So you gave them 2 hours to decide???
May 13, 200917 yr Author Yea this will be my first home, no I gave them more than 2 hrs to respond :lol: it was like 5 hrs. Just went on market today and 3 people all offered around the same thing. So they said everyone get there best offer in my noon tomorrows, guess I'll offer asking price and I'll cover the closing
May 13, 200917 yr Good luck man don't be in a hurry to get it if the price isn't right, it's a buyer market and there are plenty of deals to be had out there.
May 13, 200917 yr Author Its like the 20th house i've looked at. Its in one of the nicest safest areas in Paducah, and I really think it'll appraise for more than asking price. And if it doesn't the offer is void. I love the house, its exactly what I've been looki for
May 13, 200917 yr Yea this will be my first home, no I gave them more than 2 hrs to respond :lol: it was like 5 hrs. Just went on market today and 3 people all offered around the same thing. So they said everyone get there best offer in my noon tomorrows, guess I'll offer asking price and I'll cover the closing With your post time and your deadline time, I thought you only gave them 2 hours. :ohbrother: Sounds like Paducah realtors work like those in NKY. As soon as you finally put an offer down, they feed you a line of crap that 10 others just came in. My realtor tried to pull that one on me when I bought my first house, and she was a neighbor that I thought I could trust.
May 13, 200917 yr Author With your post time and your deadline time, I thought you only gave them 2 hours. :ohbrother: Sounds like Paducah realtors work like those in NKY. As soon as you finally put an offer down, they feed you a line of crap that 10 others just came in. My realtor tried to pull that one on me when I bought my first house, and she was a neighbor that I thought I could trust. Well I know I saw other people there with realtors and had been on the market 1 day. The house isn't listed by my agent. I'm sure other offers came in. Im gonna bump my offer by 2k and then I'm out
May 13, 200917 yr Well I know I saw other people there with realtors and had been on the market 1 day. The house isn't listed by my agent. I'm sure other offers came in. Im gonna bump my offer by 2k and then I'm out If you didn't hire your agent as a buyer's agent or broker the agent still works for the seller. Doesn't matter who lists the home. All real estate agents work for the sellers unless you specifically enter into a contract with them to help you buy a home. This is called Buyer's Brokerage. Otherwise it's just like dealing with a car salesman that can sell any car in your town no matter what lot it sits on.
May 13, 200917 yr Well I know I saw other people there with realtors and had been on the market 1 day. The house isn't listed by my agent. I'm sure other offers came in. Im gonna bump my offer by 2k and then I'm out Just trying to tell you to be carefull.
May 13, 200917 yr Author 1 of the bidders has pulled out. 2 of us left. The big deal with the selllers is closing date. They've already purchased another home and are in a hurry to get this one sold. So right now the closing costs are around 2500. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on moving the close date up to 3 weeks from today, but they have to cover closing costs. Just really nervous when dealing with such a large ammount of money. I'll be tapping my savings for the downpayment but I'll get that back and then some from the tax rebate. Don't know what to do. I've looked at over 20 houses and this is the first one where I felt at home when I walked in.
May 13, 200917 yr 1 of the bidders has pulled out. 2 of us left. The big deal with the selllers is closing date. They've already purchased another home and are in a hurry to get this one sold. So right now the closing costs are around 2500. I'm waiting to pull the trigger on moving the close date up to 3 weeks from today, but they have to cover closing costs. Just really nervous when dealing with such a large ammount of money. I'll be tapping my savings for the downpayment but I'll get that back and then some from the tax rebate. Don't know what to do. I've looked at over 20 houses and this is the first one where I felt at home when I walked in. My two cents: As difficult as it may be to do, try not to let emotions influence you in this decision. My thought would be to make an offer (including a preferable closing date) that you feel good about and if it doesn't work out, then it is not meant to be. I see people all the time at auctions and in situations such as these, where someone will overpay for something just because they got caught up in the bidding process.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.