May 8, 200917 yr 18 wins overall and 8 in the Big East without a PG in what was the deepest and toughest conference in the land. The end of the season was frustrating, but a ton of progress was made once again. It was a self imposed death penalty. You don't just snap your fingers and poof it's back... Well past the snap your fingers timeframe. I just don't see Cronin as the guy to lead the Bearcats to a return to glory in that conference.
May 8, 200917 yr UC had a very respectible year especially given their conference affiliation. They appear to be on the right track. One breakthrough year in their league could make a huge impact. Memphis was on a great run for a non-BCS school, and that is over. Coach Pastner has a challenge resurrecting this particular recruiting class, given what has happened, but he will recover. I, and I think many, see them remaining competitive nationally -- somewhere in top 25 possibly -- but not where they have been the last two years and were projected to be next year.
May 8, 200917 yr :lol: OK... Cronins 3rd year, so yeah maybe we can use the Huggs resigned and the Red Witch set the program back crutch, another season or two. I just don't think he's the guy.
May 8, 200917 yr Cronins 3rd year, so yeah maybe we can use the Huggs resigned and the Red Witch set the program back crutch, another season or two. I just don't think he's the guy. Crutch? Too funny. Huggs and AK left the program in shambles. No other way to look at it, and Mick has had to rebuild while playing the best of the best. If they were still at 3-4 Big East wins a year I'd be concerned, but instead they have already leaped to the middle of the league while working through a TOTAL rebuild...
May 8, 200917 yr Crutch? Too funny. Huggs and AK left the program in shambles. No other way to look at it, and Mick has had to rebuild while playing the best of the best. If they were still at 3-4 Big East wins a year I'd be concerned, but instead they have already leaped to the middle of the league while working through a TOTAL rebuild... I understand how the program was left. But how long to get past it? Fans still stay away because of the Huggs thing. There has to be a point in time when we stop referencing the Huggs debacle when speaking of the program in relative terms. Is that next year? Year after? When exactly are we beyond a "snap of the finger" time line? Just an honest question.
May 8, 200917 yr I understand how the program was left. But how long to get past it? Fans still stay away because of the Huggs thing. There has to be a point in time when we stop referencing the Huggs debacle when speaking of the program in relative terms. Is that next year? Year after? When exactly are we beyond a "snap of the finger" time line? Just an honest question. This next season is the year to make the next step which is top 1/3 of the Big East and a spot in the NCAA Tournament...
May 8, 200917 yr This next season is the year to make the next step which is top 1/3 of the Big East and a spot in the NCAA Tournament... And if that doesn't come to fruition?
May 9, 200917 yr And if that doesn't come to fruition? ...then you remember this school hasn't been to the tournament in five years and hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in nine years and because of that you give Cronin a little more time.
May 9, 200917 yr And if that doesn't come to fruition? You fire him and set the program back another 5 years? That what you're looking for???
May 9, 200917 yr You fire him and set the program back another 5 years? That what you're looking for??? No. Just wondering when Cronin becomes accountable..
May 9, 200917 yr No. Just wondering when Cronin becomes accountable.. He is accountable. Is progress every single year good for nothing???
May 9, 200917 yr He is accountable. Is progress every single year good for nothing??? Depends on how we define progress, and it really seems to hinge on the program being discussed. What happened at the end of last season wouldn't fly at some programs. You're the hardcore UC fan on this site, and if you see Cronin and his program as acceptable, then I concede. I used to follow the Bearcats. Right now i couldn't even name 2 players. I would say that is the consensus among the "casual" fan.
May 9, 200917 yr No doubt what Cronin inherited was a train wreck. I wouldn't necessarily say it was Huggs or AK's fault but the administration leaving them in limbo for a a few years hurt recruiting and so forth. They have been taking some baby steps. The BE was tough and UC finished what 10th in league the last two years? I think the heat will start to turn up a little for him. They swan dived late last year but I think there were some distractions that may have led to some of those problems, and it hasn't been the easiest of off seasons for Mick. It will be interesting to see how the upcoming season plays out. The program has kind of lost its buzz so to speak in my opinion. If attendance lags and they turn in another middling finish in the BE then I think you may have some questions.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.