Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Powell County Coaching Search

Featured Replies

Who would be interested? Who do they get? Will they hire somebody before Harrison, Trimble and South Laurel? :laugh:

Would be a great job for some young coach just starting out to get their feet wet before moving to something better.

 

He may be too young as of now, but Montgomery County Defensive line coach Brandon Brewer is a Powell County Alum and lives in Powell County. I think he would be a great head coach some day, if thats what he wants to be.

He may be too young as of now, but Montgomery County Defensive line coach Brandon Brewer is a Powell County Alum and lives in Powell County. I think he would be a great head coach some day, if thats what he wants to be.

 

Is that the Brandon Brewer who played at Union College?

Did Whitaker do the weightlifting classes at Powell?

Is that the Brandon Brewer who played at Union College?

 

Yes it is.

The question with Brewer is: Does he want the job? He has a pretty good position at Montgomery County.

The question with Brewer is: Does he want the job? He has a pretty good position at Montgomery County.

 

That is very true. I have no idea if he has any intrest in the job. He has a great job in the school system as a Business teacher and also is the head of the school DECA chapter. He also has a great job as a defensive line, special teams, and strenth coach at MCHS under head coach Dan Gooch. He is also the head wrestling coach at MCHS. Brewer is an amazing coach that if he wants will have many coaching options in his future.

That is very true. I have no idea if he has any intrest in the job. He has a great job in the school system as a Business teacher and also is the head of the school DECA chapter. He also has a great job as a defensive line, special teams, and strenth coach at MCHS under head coach Dan Gooch. He is also the head wrestling coach at MCHS. Brewer is an amazing coach that if he wants will have many coaching options in his future.

 

How old is this guy? How long has he been teaching?

How old is this guy? How long has he been teaching?

 

He is between 28-30 years old. He has coached 3 full seasons at MCHS and before that he spent a year or two at East Carter. I think he was somewhere before he was at East Carter but I am not sure. He graduated Union College in 2001 so I assume he has been teaching since then.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Yes it is.

 

I thought it was I went to school with him at Union. He has a great work ethic just going by the way he was at Union. I think that Brandon would be a great choice if he wants it.

What does Whitaker teach at Powell? Weightlifting?

They have a guy teaching there at the middle school who has head caoching expereince and has coached for several years. He was at North Laural and Madison Southern the last couple of years. His name is Warren Mills and I beleive he would do a good job at Powell and woudl stay a long time if allowed to.

They have a guy teaching there at the middle school who has head caoching expereince and has coached for several years. He was at North Laural and Madison Southern the last couple of years. His name is Warren Mills and I beleive he would do a good job at Powell and woudl stay a long time if allowed to.

 

Warren would do a great job. I wonder if he even would consider.

Yes he is interested and would do a good job for them

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.