Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting John Wall Article

Featured Replies

Here is an interesting take on John Wall from a North Carolina blog:

 

http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2009/04/the-john-wall-dilemma/#more-4211

 

This guy says that Wall has a cloud surrounding him:

 

On the flip side, there are all sorts of questions surrounding Wall. Up front, let me say that I do not know John Wall from the guy down street. He could show up at my Monday night basketball game and I am not sure I would recognize him except for the fact he would be the only guy there dunking. While I do not know Wall, it is clear there is a cloud around him. With Wall there are questions concerning his character, his academics, his associations and the influence of his AAU coach, Brian Clifton who also used to be an agent. All of these unknowns tend to make recruiting a player like Wall and bringing him into the program a risk.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is an interesting take on John Wall from a North Carolina blog:

 

http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2009/04/the-john-wall-dilemma/#more-4211

 

This guy says that Wall has a cloud surrounding him:

 

On the flip side, there are all sorts of questions surrounding Wall. Up front, let me say that I do not know John Wall from the guy down street. He could show up at my Monday night basketball game and I am not sure I would recognize him except for the fact he would be the only guy there dunking. While I do not know Wall, it is clear there is a cloud around him. With Wall there are questions concerning his character, his academics, his associations and the influence of his AAU coach, Brian Clifton who also used to be an agent. All of these unknowns tend to make recruiting a player like Wall and bringing him into the program a risk.

 

Interesting article. I will still take him. Alot of Cal's players at Memphis had this sort of image, but nothing really came of it. If anyone could handle Wall if he is that big of a problem, it is Cal.

  • Author
Interesting article. I will still take him. Alot of Cal's players at Memphis had this sort of image, but nothing really came of it. If anyone could handle Wall if he is that big of a problem, it is Cal.

 

Here are my thoughts that I added about this article on my site:

 

My Thoughts: This is certainly an interesting take on John Wall, who is clearly the top point guard in the 2009 class. This sounds like the author is almost building a cushion to fall back on if/when Wall goes elsewhere. I tend to believe that if Wall chooses North Carolina, this same site will have an article explaining how great John Wall is and how he is going to be the next great Tar Heel.

Here is an interesting take on John Wall from a North Carolina blog:

 

http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/2009/04/the-john-wall-dilemma/#more-4211

 

This guy says that Wall has a cloud surrounding him:

 

On the flip side, there are all sorts of questions surrounding Wall. Up front, let me say that I do not know John Wall from the guy down street. He could show up at my Monday night basketball game and I am not sure I would recognize him except for the fact he would be the only guy there dunking. While I do not know Wall, it is clear there is a cloud around him. With Wall there are questions concerning his character, his academics, his associations and the influence of his AAU coach, Brian Clifton who also used to be an agent. All of these unknowns tend to make recruiting a player like Wall and bringing him into the program a risk.

Well, from the North Carolina perspective that's what they want to hear. Wall is not going to UNC and Roy Williams reportedly hates Clifton. I imagine that this situation is very similar to that of OJ Mayo, but John Wall is not calling some coach saying he is coming to play for him without being recruited. I thought OJ was pretty good kid and was looked at unfairly by many people, and I think John Wall is undergoing the same type of scrutiny.

Well all it sounds like is NC setting up for not getting him and saying sure that is ok...

  • Author
Well all it sounds like is NC setting up for not getting him and saying sure that is ok...

 

That's my take on it...

 

They are building the cushion so that the fall won't be nearly as painful :clap:

Here are my thoughts that I added about this article on my site:

 

My Thoughts: This is certainly an interesting take on John Wall, who is clearly the top point guard in the 2009 class. This sounds like the author is almost building a cushion to fall back on if/when Wall goes elsewhere. I tend to believe that if Wall chooses North Carolina, this same site will have an article explaining how great John Wall is and how he is going to be the next great Tar Heel.

 

Wireman, when I was reading that I was thinking the same thing.

That's my take on it...

 

They are building the cushion so that the fall won't be nearly as painful :clap:

 

Good thing their cushion is a 2009 NATIONAL TITLE RING ...:laugh::clap::D:thumb:

  • Author
Good thing their cushion is a 2009 NATIONAL TITLE RING ...:laugh::clap::D:thumb:

 

Yep.

I think the article is fairly accurate. There is some type of cloud surrounding Wall; however, it's no different than a lot of other clouds surrounding other top recruits.

 

People want to get rich off of these kids. That's not new news. We see it all the time.

 

I'd take John Wall for a year.

Good thing their cushion is a 2009 NATIONAL TITLE RING ...:laugh::clap::D:thumb:

 

:lol: :dancingpa

 

Speaking of that, I got my official UNC Championship "Locker Room T" and another UNC shirt in the mail yesterday...:banana:

I got my, too.

 

 

UNC means = University of National Champions.

  • Author

Ok, getting back to the thread topic...

 

Donovan is visiting Wall today. He has a visit with Carolina and then a trip to Miami this week.

He'll cancel the visit to Miami after talking to the nation's best coach and team.

He'll cancel the visit to Miami after talking to the nation's best coach and team.

 

Did he talk to Cal today?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.