April 19, 200917 yr Remember the name Derrick Gordon. He's a very talented 2011 SG from Jersey, and he REALLY likes the Toppers. Just a heads up...
April 19, 200917 yr Remember the name Derrick Gordon. He's a very talented 2011 SG from Jersey, and he REALLY likes the Toppers. Just a heads up... Why is he interested in WKU?
April 19, 200917 yr Gordon is a very solid shooting guard prospect. He is extremely mature physically for a sophomore. He is confident and smooth scoring anywhere inside of 15' including taking it to the basket. He is extremely unselfish and does all the dirty work. He has no problem taking a backseat to his very talented point guard teammate who will most likely be a 5 star player in his class. Gordon will be a tough defender with his willingness to work on that end of the floor and his quick hands. I think he will thrive at WKU.
April 19, 200917 yr Why shouldn't he be??? Not saying he shouldn't. Just wondering if there was a specific reason he was interested in WKU?
April 19, 200917 yr Author Why is he not on rivals??? Just now making a name for himself. He'll have one up before long...
April 21, 200917 yr I hope he comes to WKU. I love when they steal the in state boys, but I also love when a highly touted kid from out of the state in a big area like Jersey picks a school like WKU, Morehead, EKU, etc, etc.
June 8, 200917 yr Author Gordon committed to the Toppers this weekend. Very nice get for WKU. He was very good when I watched him in April...
June 8, 200917 yr Love when WKU is good, Would love to see WKU build a very good team...I would like to see a UK/WKU rivialry begin....
June 8, 200917 yr Calipari has talked quite a bit about playing a neutral site game or two each year in Nashville. Memphis and WKU are the teams he's interesting in playing there.
June 8, 200917 yr The Toppers have been picking up some nice players lately. If they can replace Mendez-Valdez next year they could make another nice run, and more help will continue to be on the way. I was afraid they would lose a step after Horn left, but I'm glad to see them still shifting gears.
June 8, 200917 yr Author He gave his verbal at the WKU Elite camp this weekend. He was joined by his AAU teammate 6'8" 250 PF Ramon Johnson. While the big man needs to trim some baby fat, he had a very nice back to the basket game. Solid hands and feet for his size. Ge-Lawn Guyn, George Fant, Jordan Shanklin, Kevin Shaw and Robbie Stenzel were also at the camp...
June 8, 200917 yr Author Apparently Gordon turned down invites to elite camps at IU, UNC and Duke since I get this scoop in Pittsburgh in April. He was starting to really blow up and stuck to his word on WKU...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.