Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Toughest District

Featured Replies

Clark County, Tates Creek, Henry Clay, Madison Central is a pretty tough district.

 

Ballard, Eastern, Seneca, and Trinity will be a tough district this year also, even though the 3 other teams are playing for 2nd place.

 

I feel the teams in Trinity's district are all blessed with talent and will make great strides this season. Seneca defeated a district champion in the first round last season and finished 6-6. Eastern lost twice, both to Trinity. Ballard also finished 6-6 after beating Henderson County 30-0 in the playoffs. Their coaches are getting through to these teams that the difference between talent levels is not as great as perceived and that if they buy into what the coaches are telling them, they have chance to be great. Of course, Coach Beatty understands this and will do all he can to keep the Shamrocks focused.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Northern Kentucky 6A, Boone, Conner, Ryle, Simon Kenton, Campbell Co. and Cooper. With the exception of Cooper these 5 are pretty strong year in year out.

 

Brutal without question. SK barely making the playoffs in '08 and then making it to the State finals should tell you how tough this district is. I know that was '08 but '09 looks to be even tougher. You'll be hard pressed to find a more competitive district in the whole state.:notworthy:

I agree with you mad man the district with Bell Co, Knox Central, Rockcastle Co, Madison Southern, and McCreay Co is probaly the one of the toughest around. They all play hard nosed football.

 

When I think "tough" I think of the 6A districts. However, this is one of the more competitive districts and I believe the strongest in their class.

Class 5A

District 8

Region 1

 

Harlan County, North Laurel, Whitley County, Perry County Central, Letcher County Central, Clay County

 

 

Competitive, offensive minded, fun district. Tough? No. Not yet.

What about the 4A district of Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Larue County and Marion County? Seems to be pretty tough.

SSD, you are the first person I've heard of that lives in Loretto. I love the place, me and my friends stopped through and ate at one of the restaraunts, we had a blast. Small town with some wild weekends.

I have to agree that district 7 4A with McCreary Central, Bell Co, Rockcastle, Knox Central and Madison Southern is the toughest district in 4-A and I also agree that some of the 5A and 6A districts may be tougher but I am not concerned with them in my current state of employment!:D

SSD, you are the first person I've heard of that lives in Loretto. I love the place, me and my friends stopped through and ate at one of the restaraunts, we had a blast. Small town with some wild weekends.

 

Pretty nice place and the two bars are pretty wild on the weekends.:ylsuper:

I feel the teams in Trinity's district are all blessed with talent and will make great strides this season. Seneca defeated a district champion in the first round last season and finished 6-6. Eastern lost twice, both to Trinity. Ballard also finished 6-6 after beating Henderson County 30-0 in the playoffs. Their coaches are getting through to these teams that the difference between talent levels is not as great as perceived and that if they buy into what the coaches are telling them, they have chance to be great. Of course, Coach Beatty understands this and will do all he can to keep the Shamrocks focused.

 

 

Kinda makes me wish we could just get a few byes in the playoffs so we could see what the rest of them could do since the odds are low of them getting past us.

District 8 , 5A

Whitley Co. Letcher Central, Harlan Co., Clay Co., Perry Central, North Laurel

 

A very tuff district.

Brutal without question. SK barely making the playoffs in '08 and then making it to the State finals should tell you how tough this district is. I know that was '08 but '09 looks to be even tougher. You'll be hard pressed to find a more competitive district in the whole state.:notworthy:

 

Indeed the NKY 6A district is pretty darn tough.

Last year it was 6A district 5

Trinity

Eastern

Ballard

Seneca

Whatever district Louisville Trinity is playing in......

:p

Whatever district Louisville Trinity is playing in......

:p

 

Any district with St. X, Trinity, or Highlands.

  • Author

Agree, somewhat... If you have to beat two or even three other quality district teams, then that one great team in the district will be tested or even surprised when they don't show up with their A game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.