Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michigan State 82 Connecticut 73

Featured Replies

Final.

It's starting to turn into one of those feel good sports stories for MSU, with the struggles of the Detroit area and how well they are playing...

 

Izzo is a great coach. He might be the best in the biz. He's never had a four year player NOT play in a final four, that's pretty impressive.

I don't know how Hansbrough won the Senior Class Award :confused:

 

The last time I checked the online voting, TWill was about 30,000 votes ahead of the next person.

Will the Big East have anyone playing Monday? The Best conference ever should at least play for the title right?

I don't know how Hansbrough won the Senior Class Award :confused:

 

The last time I checked the online voting, TWill was about 30,000 votes ahead of the next person.

 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.:confused:

Will the Big East have anyone playing Monday? The Best conference ever should at least play for the title right?

Best ever? No. Best this year? Without a doubt...

Will the Big East have anyone playing Monday? The Best conference ever should at least play for the title right?

 

:deadhorse:

 

Wondered when this talk would start back, it's a little silly to try and question the strength of the league at this point. I think championship or not, they had a successful season.

 

5 in the sweet sixteen (record)

4 in the elite 8 (record)

2 in the final four

 

But to answer your question, probably not on Monday, can't see Nova beating UNC.

Attn:

The University of Louisville

c/o Tom Jurich, Athletic Director

 

Mr. Jurich:

 

Please consider, when Mr. Rick Pitino decides it is time for his retirement, hiring Mr. Tom Izzo as head coach of the University of Louisville men's basketball program. Mr. Izzo has shown himself repeatedly as proficient at doing more with less than any other coach in the nation, and would represent the University of Louisville in an honorable, respectable and winning manner.

 

In addition, if Mr. Pitino shows any inkling of his classic wayward ways, revealed frequently during his tenure at the University of Kentucky, do not hesitate to issue him his walking papers in short order. In fact, I would not object in the least were you to open the University's checkbook and hire Mr. Izzo to the largest salary in college basketball, eclipsing all other schools' financial packages. Especially the University of Kentucky's compensation package for Mr. John Calipari.

 

In fact, go ahead and make Mr. Izzo that offer Tuesday. It would serve Mr. Pitino right for his classic wayward ways, and let it be known to him that everyone is imminently replaceable. Especially coaches who can't win games against good teams unless they have overwhelming talent at their disposal. Mr. Izzo has shown time and time again that this will be no hindrance to his teams.

 

Thank you for your consideration.

 

Sincerely,

 

 

 

 

Jim Schue

Bardstown, Ky.

 

PS: It's not a good idea to extend job offers to friends of yours such as Mr. Kragthorpe, then keep them on board in spite of obvious evidence they aren't capable of the job.

The reason UConn was able to roll to the Final Four was because they ran into a string of up tempo teams that allowed them to hide the loss of Dyson's ability in the half court with open court studs in Walker and Robinson. Against MSU there was no way they would allow a breakneck pace and the loss of Dyson finally caught up to them...

Tom Izzo does it again! This game imo is the 2nd game in a row that Izzo's team was the better prepared team (vs. U.L. and now UConn). Tonight imo his game plan was a perfect one and was executed by his players that outplayed and out hustled UConn all night just as they did in the regional final. MSU played great defense, got on the boards and on the break down the floor before UConn's big men (especially Thabeet) could get back and set up on "D". What a well coached and well executed game plan by MSU.

Now I am going to go get ready to root for Nova and another one of my fav coaches (Wright) in the next one.

 

 

and on a side note............. one coach that I would prefer a thousand times over Calapari at U.K. is Tom Izzo, imo he is at MSU for life though. "He may not be in a class by himself but it sure as heck doesn't take long to call the roll"!

Congrats to the Spartans. They just get the job done in nearly every facet of the game.

 

Izzo = Winner

 

Game plan was outstanding. Getting up the floor quickly before UConn could get set was key.

:deadhorse:

 

Wondered when this talk would start back, it's a little silly to try and question the strength of the league at this point. I think championship or not, they had a successful season.

 

5 in the sweet sixteen (record)

4 in the elite 8 (record)

2 in the final four

 

But to answer your question, probably not on Monday, can't see Nova beating UNC.

 

The conference had quite obviously a GREAT year, but is it the best ever?

The conference had quite obviously a GREAT year, but is it the best ever?

 

I honestly don't know how you would determine best ever, I would say it was one of the strongest I've ever seen. Grading an entire league is a hard thing to do, IMO. Especially if you are judging it by who wins the championship, which I feel is the most elusive championship in all sports.

Big East 1985 was best ever.

 

This year's BEast was just the dominant conference of the year. Far and away the dominant conference of the year, and possibly/probably the best of the decade.

I honestly don't know how you would determine best ever, I would say it was one of the strongest I've ever seen. Grading an entire league is a hard thing to do, IMO. Especially if you are judging it by who wins the championship, which I feel is the most elusive championship in all sports.

 

I agree w/ all of that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.