Mountain Coaching Changes?

Have heard Coach Spurlock is interested in the Pike Central job, anyone heard anything about him putting in for this job?

Also, can anyone confirm if Coach Justice has been let go at Letcher Central? This would open up another good job for someone. Seen that on another board, but hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

Tim Parks has taken the JBS job for this year, but if Spurlock leaves Clay County, I'm sure he would be ready to go back home and try and get that job.

Jenkins is looking for a new boys coach still.

Knott Central hasn't hired, but is still looking for that big name coach, several have turned them down, Rhett Gibson is the front runner from all the talk, should hear something soon.

All of these changes will definitely shake up the 53rd district.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST, LET ME CONFIRM THAT LETCHER CENTRAL HAS LET GO OF COACH JUSTICE.

Would you consider Rhett Gibson a big name? You think Parks would have a shot at Clay with no head coaching expierence? Jenkins is open?

No Rhett is definitely not a big name, but has a lot of experience and is from Knott County and no big names will come due to lack of funds they pay for coaches.

Parks has no coaching experience but has been around the game under other coaches and has some good experience with that and IS FROM CLAY COUNTY.

Is Jenkins keeping the coach they hired to coach last year? Haven't heard if he is staying or not, someone said that he may not be, that is why I mentioned it.

Didn't Justice have some success at Letcher this year???

FIRST, LET ME CONFIRM THAT LETCHER CENTRAL HAS LET GO OF COACH JUSTICE.

No Rhett is definitely not a big name, but has a lot of experience and is from Knott County and no big names will come due to lack of funds they pay for coaches.

Parks has no coaching experience but has been around the game under other coaches and has some good experience with that and IS FROM CLAY COUNTY.

Is Jenkins keeping the coach they hired to coach last year? Haven't heard if he is staying or not, someone said that he may not be, that is why I mentioned it.

Records and District titles don't matter to them, they want "TRIPS TO RUPP". And they also want someone that is a good people person and got along with the kids. Coach Trent would be the best person for this job, with his great people skills and is very well liked throughout the county. May need to get a few more players to get the trip to rupp part accomplished though.

I have heard this weekend that Jeff Jackson may be up for this job. Since his brother is on the board of controls and is the ad here, wouldn't be too far fetched to believe this would happen. He has had some great success at Lincoln County.

I hope this isn't true. :cry:

Who is going to get the Pike Central job ? I have heard that Justice may be moving back to Pike County ?

To tell you the truth, im not sure Coach Justice is that interested in getting back into the coaching ranks anytime soon. I know he was just looking for 4-5 good years at LCC and then a possible retirement from coaching. It would be nice to have Coach J. back in the basketball mix in Pike County. Belfry basketball hasnt been the same since he left and Pike Central would be getting a gem of a coach.